Reate K2 Question

Oh Hey!

I think you're the guy that had me buy two of those K2s. I thought it was Boon, lol.

Freaking awesome knives. Would love them even more if they were in fact handground.

Funny and agreed. Had my K2 with me all day yesterday and saw your post here. A few sources have stated it's hand ground. Hopefully @ReaTe logs into the site at some point. A few of us would like to know either way.

The grind on my sample is perfectly symmetrical. It's a thing of beauty.

The important thing is you bought some K2, whoever is responsible :D
I could maybe DM them on Instagram and ask.
/edit: And you can take partial blame, I ended up caving and ordered a Kwaiback. o_O

The important thing is you bought some K2, whoever is responsible :D
I could maybe DM them on Instagram and ask.
/edit: And you can take partial blame, I ended up caving and ordered a Kwaiback. o_O

Could? I hope you meant should. I mean will. I want to know!

I'm a glutton for hand-ground blades. Some romanticized blacksmithesque scene unfolds in my mind upon even uttering the word. Lol.

You'll love that Kwaiback. I assure you. It's awesome! Post some pics when you get it in.

I'll send them a message tomorrow when I am at work. And yeah, hand ground/finished certainly has something nice to it. Might be a little...esoteric sounding but it adds a little soul to a knife.

Reate said:
Easy answer, ALL Reate knife blade designs are definitely ground by hand :)! I'm really glad you asked this question, because I think its important that enthusiasts and collectors alike definitely need to know how much hand work is done to the knives they put their hard earned money on. This is one of the many reasons why some of the top knife makers and designers come to us more than others, because as David Deng would say, "I will never sacrifice quality, Reate is quality bro!"

That was the reply from Jon who is the Reate distributor for the states.

I'd like to know how they define hand ground. I think it could mean that a swedge is hand ground. Or that the highest grit finishing belt is done by hand. Could mean many things.
I had a Reate K3 with an asymmetric swedge and I was wishing for the precision of a machine. To each his own.

That was the reply from Jon who is the Reate distributor for the states.

Nice! Thanks for looking into this. I'd like to know what they consider hand ground as well, primary grind, secondary, etc.

That's probably asking a lot, lol. I'm very happy with my Reates and this makes me even more so.

Back