Redmeadow Wild Cards

Thoughts on a sheepsfoot or lambsfoot Wild Card? I like this point and swedge.

153115-rrjb.jpg

There's a member (a fellow Lambsfoot enthusiast) who made up a little Lambsfoot fixed blade and called it the "Lambshank". I think a Lambsfoot blade would be quite useful on a little fixed blade and I'd make an effort to get first in line for one 😁 .

Here is a link to the post where we get introduced to the "Lambshank" - https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/guardians-of-the-lambsfoot.1406735/post-17178025

(not my pic)
rdDe0yd.jpg

Oh, and I'm a fan of the Lambsfoot - I have a few 😁. (older pic, I might have added a few more since...)

fIC09PH.jpg

Thoughts on a sheepsfoot or lambsfoot Wild Card? I like this point and swedge.

I was going to express my excitement for this possibility, but Dylan said it better than I could ;)

But yeah... Excited for this possibility. I am definitely a fan of the Lambsfoot :)

L3tAgcq.jpg

Last edited:
I'm in for a lambsfoot. I have a question for the Guardians of the lambsfoot. Is the swedge only on one side (Mike got me squared away here, swedge is on both) and if so is that a lambsfoot/sheepsfoot feature so to speak?

Is that something that we would want on a fixed blade? I like that it allows you to grind the swedge lower on the blade flat being only on one side. In my head I can see a one sided swedge that starts a third of the way down with a rounded spine and tapers out thin towards the tip. That would be an interesting grind on 3/32" blade. Hard to describe.

Do we want to mimic a blade 'kick'? Not for the illusion of it being a folder but to a way to... pay homage?

Blackwood scales? Bog Oak? Walnut?

I have a lambsfoot that Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck was kind enough to send me years ago (Thanks again Mike). I carry it on special occasions. I need to pass it along, maybe when I get a Wild Card lambsfoot done it'll be a good time to do that.

Just throwing around some ideas, I think that's what will be fun with the Wild Cards, we can play around and get the creative juices flowing.

Last edited:
On mine, some have the swedge, some don't. The ones that do have the swedge, it is on both sides of the blade. I kind of like it as it narrows the tip a bit, and looks nice.

Some examples:

P71P3mG.jpg

Front to back, no swedge, swedge about half-way back, short swedge just at the tip, and swedge all the way

Gotta say, the way they did the swedge all the way on the GEC version is my favorite. Just looks so sweet.

EeL1nSx.jpg

The 'faux' kick also sounds kind of neat.

For handles, I agree wood fits perfectly. Walnut would be pretty spectacular :)

Oh ok gotcha, thanks for the clarification Mike. This is gonna be a fun one.

The walnut I have doesnt have any figure in it, just straight walnut. I had it stabilized a few years ago thinking it might be good for a simple classic look on a project. This might be a good candidate. I love me some wild and crazy burl but not everything needs lipstick!

Hi folks :)

Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck sent me a link to this interesting discussion :) Nice to hear you have a Lambsfoot Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives , come and say 'Hi' in the Guardians thread sometime, it'd be great to see you there :D Great idea for a Wild Card :cool: Cambertree Cambertree is a very intelligent poster, and has had his 'Lambshank' for a few years now, if anyone is able to get hold of him for a perspective. Good luck anyway, your knives look great John :) :thumbsup:

Jack

Hi folks :)

Crazy Canuck Crazy Canuck sent me a link to this interesting discussion :) Nice to hear you have a Lambsfoot Redmeadow Knives Redmeadow Knives , come and say 'Hi' in the Guardians thread sometime, it'd be great to see you there :D Great idea for a Wild Card :cool: Cambertree Cambertree is a very intelligent poster, and has had his 'Lambshank' for a few years now, if anyone is able to get hold of him for a perspective. Good luck anyway, your knives look great John :) :thumbsup:

Jack

Hey Jack good to see you in here. I need to peruse the Guardians thread more to get a better idea of what makes a lambsfoot a lambsfoot. Hopefully I can do it some justice. The lambshank by Cambertree Cambertree is an impressive little build, great lines and his sketch ups beforehand really hit the spot!

Hey Jack good to see you in here. I need to peruse the Guardians thread more to get a better idea of what makes a lambsfoot a lambsfoot. Hopefully I can do it some justice. The lambshank by Cambertree Cambertree is an impressive little build, great lines and his sketch ups beforehand really hit the spot!
Thanks John, I should find my way off The Porch more often! 🤣 I wandered in there about a decade or so ago, and it's like Hotel California! :eek:;)🤣 There's actually a Thread Index to the early part of the Guardians thread, linked to in post #1, so that might be helpful (with all the Photobucket stuff, and the BF software changes, I'm afraid it's hard to say, unfortunately) :thumbsup: Chin ( Cambertree Cambertree ) is a really nice, young guy, I spent a couple of days in Sheffield with him a few years back, smart too :) I'm sure you'll do a great job :) :thumbsup:

Glad to see ya Jack Black Jack Black ! I’ve been hanging with this outfit for awhile now. Its fun.

When I first started making knives, my idea was a small fixed blade basically like a trapper that was opened. The ideal lil cowboy knife. My designs have evolved since then but most are still just a non folding pocket knife. Watching here with interest.

Back