REKAT Pioneer Blade Play

Burke

Platinum Member
I have one of the first-generation pioneers, with the front-mounted lock release. My problem is that there is a slight amount of vertical blade play (maybe 2 mm) when the knife is open. This seems to not affect the lock strength, but does make me a little nervous. Anyone else have the same problem, or else a solution? About a year ago, the guys at Pioneer Valley Knife and Tool gave me a new backstop to try switching in, but that didn't help.

Send it off to Bob Taylor at REKAT immediately.
Your knife will be right when it returns.
I have three Pioneers. None have ANY blade play.
Bill

I have a similar problem with my Round Eye pioneer. I thought the problem had to do with the two screws on either side of the knife. An example would be a Benchmade where the screws can be used to losen or tighten up the blade. Would it be recommended to use a little lock tight and ajust the screws to the right tension or is this a specific knife problem. I also Got my knife from PV knife and tool.

Thanks
The Wolf

Blade Play?
ok is it side to side or up and down?
if its side to side then try using two allen wrenches and tighten the blade. If you nave no locktite then use the clear Wet Look nail polish in the threads. This stuff never full hardens but stops the screws from backing out ( dont let the little lady know) if its up and down or that dosn't cure the problem then by all means we will make it right. Return them and it will be fixed.

Bob Taylor

Back