Scale screw thread size for Recon 1 ? (need a tap)

Does anyone know the thread diameter and screw pitch for the factory T-6 scale fasteners on a Recon 1? I'm going to make a custom backspacer. The screw heads are T-6, but I need to know the thread diameter and pitch to purchase a drill bit and tap.
Looks like M2.5 x 0.45. All scale and clip screws are the same.

Last edited:
Did they once make recons with liners? if your recon is linerless, the back spacer is independent of the lock mech so you can use different screws if needed right? Either way that is a lot of time just to have a spacer made from a different material? You must be a good machinist. cuz for me I could work the same number hours as it would take me to make a spacer and easily have enough money to buy a polished espada instead. How much time and money is it going to take you? think about it

Last edited:
Did they once make recons with liners? if your recon is linerless, the back spacer is independent of the lock mech so you can use different screws if needed right? Either way that is a lot of time just to have a spacer made from a different material? You must be a good machinist. cuz for me I could work the same number hours as it would take me to make a spacer and easily have enough money to buy a polished espada instead. How much time and money is it going to take you? think about it
Paul,
I'm just a home hobbyist/machinist. The screws are T-6 2.56 mm in diameter. I don't have a metric thread pitch gauge that small but from the web, 2.5 mm screws are 0.45 mm pitch. The backspacer is an integral part of the Cold Steel Tri-Ad lock as it holds the release leaf spring and therefore is dependent. There are almost a dozen T-6 screws with the same thread and pitch and I want to retain those. I am making a custom version of the Wisemen Company Signet Ring and I've already made one for my Spyderco Manix XL. This is for my own personal knife so my time and money is insignificant - gotta do something on the weekends... The cost would be a few bucks for the drill bit and tap - I already have the material for the backspacer and the factory backspacer is the template. Transfer punches to copy the hole locations, then over to my sensitive drill press with an X-Y table - easy peasy. Already own two Espadas - a polished large Espada and another large Espada in G-10. I ordered the drill and tap yesterday just in case my guess was correct. They should be here today.

Last edited:
Does anyone know where to find those 2.5 mm screws. No supplier I’ve looked at has them with that style of pan head. They’re a rare beast

Does anyone know where to find those 2.5 mm screws. No supplier I’ve looked at has them with that style of pan head. They’re a rare beast
I’ve seen recon 1 screw sets on ebay.

Back