Scott Hanson Santoku style Chef in AEB-L

Dopic1

Irredeemable wood purveyor
Gold Member
Scott made a custom Santoku style chef for me is AEB-L just under a 1/10 of an inch thick and about 9 inches long. This thing is a slicing beast, flank steak stir fry I making tonight. I would highly recommend this if you like to cook.
jAJvu13.jpg

PjiWvmd.jpg

xhHmIcJ.jpg

You did a really nice job on that handle, I have a santoku style knife which is one of two that I made, Mack has the other one, I use it almost daily and it just never seems to get dull. Just a couple really light strokes on a steel every 8-12 months and she's right back to razor edge. I ended up honing it on a stone a few months ago, but that was my fault, I dropped the knife on a tile floor in my kitchen and goofed up the edge.

Beautiful. Knice work on that steak, too.
The one I have kicked my beloved Foster Brothers knives out of my kitchen and it took one heck of a knife to do that. I hope to be able to get my stuff out of my storage and back into the kitchen very soon so I can try to cook like you.

I love shishcabobs, I make them with red bell peppers, white onions and venison round steak, sometimes I’ll bacon or a little bit of pepperoni. I grill them over a natural wood fire of usually oak or maple, it gives the food a little more of a smoky flavor which I really like.

I love shishcabobs, I make them with red bell peppers, white onions and venison round steak, sometimes I’ll bacon or a little bit of pepperoni. I grill them over a natural wood fire of usually oak or maple, it gives the food a little more of a smoky flavor which I really like.
So do I, this was chicken (trying to be somewhat healthy) 😁 Venison would be a good alternative as well. Red peppers and onions are a must, I also use mushrooms and zucchini. I always use bacon next to the protein seems to keep it from drying out and it's bacon!

So do I, this was chicken (trying to be somewhat healthy) 😁 Venison would be a good alternative as well. Red peppers and onions are a must, I also use mushrooms and zucchini. I always use bacon next to the protein seems to keep it from drying out and it's bacon!
Try a little pepperoni some time in place of the bacon, it's good for a change sometimes.

In place of bacon? Does not compute! 😁
You are correct that nothing trumps pan fried bacon especially when you fry your eggs in the left over bacon grease, like I like to do. How ever bacon sandwiched between other vegetables and meats doesn't cook the same, it seems to get little burnt around the edge and stay raw in the center. Pepperoni is cured longer and ready to eat on sandwiches right out of the package, its cooking time is less critical, I think. Pepperoni's sweet Italian seasoning seems to go very well with the soy sauce I douse the kabobs with before and while grilling them.

Back