Sheath quality?

Howdy folks,
I just picked up this beautiful Sendero classic for no particular reason (I’m sure y’all understand). The knife is great but I was a little disappointed with the sheath. The fit is fine but for the price, it looks a little rough around the edges and has some dried bits of glue on it (left of the snap) rather than the slick, dark tanned sheaths with clear embossing and brass buttons I’ve seen on the product images. The logo is also high and off-center. I bought this new from a big website and the wooden box was sealed, so I don’t think it was used. Has it just been stored too long and dried out and need oil? Was this a fudged or apprentice-made sheath? Thanks for your thoughts!

HgOhFzX.jpg
ICwdaPS.jpg

The sheath on my Sendero Classic definitely looked better than that, but I bought it knowing I was going to get a custom sheath from Horsewright Horsewright so I never carried it in the factory sheath.

Howdy folks,
I just picked up this beautiful Sendero classic for no particular reason (I’m sure y’all understand). The knife is great but I was a little disappointed with the sheath. The fit is fine but for the price, it looks a little rough around the edges and has some dried bits of glue on it (left of the snap) rather than the slick, dark tanned sheaths with clear embossing and brass buttons I’ve seen on the product images. The logo is also high and off-center. I bought this new from a big website and the wooden box was sealed, so I don’t think it was used. Has it just been stored too long and dried out and need oil? Was this a fudged or apprentice-made sheath? Thanks for your thoughts!

HgOhFzX.jpg
ICwdaPS.jpg
Actually, giving it a second of thought, do you want the sheath from mine? I don't know how much better it is without having them side-by-side, but it's just sitting around gathering dust. If you want to give it a try just PM me and I'll send it your way.

I liked it a lot when I got it, but I haven't been using it much recently. The handle size is a bit small for my hand and for kitchen tasks the guard gets in the way. It is probably designed and best suited to hunting or fishing, where you want a thinner blade and the guard to prevent slipping.

Back