Shiv. Shiv. Shiv.

That was Instagram. Caption said the last of them are going out for heat treatment. I'm not in a hurry myself, I'm still soaking in the K20.
Sweeeeeeet.

I'm still stewing over missing the K20. But feeling a glimmer of hope now.

BTW, YOU caused me to have a dream... about hand carving my own saya out of hardwood for a K20 I don't even yet have. I told Chad Pirtle, and he said I had it baaaaaad. lol.

Sweeeeeeet.

I'm still stewing over missing the K20. But feeling a glimmer of hope now.

BTW, YOU caused me to have a dream... about hand carving my own saya out of hardwood for a K20 I don't even yet have. I told Chad Pirtle, and he said I had it baaaaaad. lol.
You can do it. It's fun as long as you don't do anything stupid like make 6 at once. I'd say that you pretty much need a K20 in hand though. When I look at the first saya I did a few years ago I cringe a little. That's why I posted several steps in the process in case anyone wants to try it. It helped me a lot to make a little gauge for the oval cross section shape. Wood is quick to shape and if you bugger it up you can just start again.

You can do it. It's fun as long as you don't do anything stupid like make 6 at once. I'd say that you pretty much need a K20 in hand though. When I look at the first saya I did a few years ago I cringe a little. That's why I posted several steps in the process in case anyone wants to try it. It helped me a lot to make a little gauge for the oval cross section shape. Wood is quick to shape and if you bugger it up you can just start again.
I probably can do it. After about 8 tries and a lot of expensive, wasted, long pieces of wood. 🤣 I wouldn't even actually try w/o the sword in-hand. The dream cracked me up, tells me how bad I really felt about missing the first pre-order. 😕

Back