• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Shocking enounter with Neil from TrueNorthKnives

@Neil Ostroff clearly has a severe drug use and/or personality altering affliction. Either that, or he's just really, really dumb and belligerent. In any case, going forward, that scumbag is off my dealer list. Getting tired of reading these posts from folks where this guy flies off the handle completely outta nowhere.

Thanks for the warning. Duly noted and will avoid in the future.

I received a custom knife from Neil that broke in a day. Not his fault, but a materials flaw. It was a present, so the giver contacted Niel, who contacted the maker, who contacted me & paid for shipping to him for repair, and it was all fixed in 2 weeks. Maker included a custom $70 premium landyard and custom bead for free. Great service. Great guy. Facilitated by Mr. Orstroff..

I asked my lady who bought the knife and handled the return about her interaction with him. She spoke to him to order the knife and two more times regarding the return. She said he was nice, courteous and apologetic even though it wasn’t his fault. The flaw was due to the materials and maker.

We all have bad days, weeks, months, maybe even years. Some people have disease…not addiction. In the end the OP’s got his money back and his mom got his dad’s present. The OP lost only the right to order from Neil. Could’ve lost half a grand.

I can be unsteady on my feet at times. Yesterday the NH State liquor lady refused to sell me a bottle of Arak until I looked her in the eye…she thought I was drunk. I looked her in the eye and explained politely I was not drunk but neurologically challenged. I wanted to say more….

Don’t ever assume drugs, alcohol, or insanity…could just be a massively bad day, or bad allergies :)

I received a custom knife from Neil that broke in a day. Not his fault, but a materials flaw. It was a present, so the giver contacted Niel, who contacted the maker, who contacted me & paid for shipping to him for repair, and it was all fixed in 2 weeks. Maker included a custom $70 premium landyard and custom bead for free. Great service. Great guy. Facilitated by Mr. Orstroff..

I asked my lady who bought the knife and handled the return about her interaction with him. She spoke to him to order the knife and two more times regarding the return. She said he was nice, courteous and apologetic even though it wasn’t his fault. The flaw was due to the materials and maker.

We all have bad days, weeks, months, maybe even years. Some people have disease…not addiction. In the end the OP’s got his money back and his mom got his dad’s present. The OP lost only the right to order from Neil. Could’ve lost half a grand.

I can be unsteady on my feet at times. Yesterday the NH State liquor lady refused to sell me a bottle of Arak until I looked her in the eye…she thought I was drunk. I looked her in the eye and explained politely I was not drunk but neurologically challenged. I wanted to say more….

Don’t ever assume drugs, alcohol, or insanity…could just be a massively bad day, or bad allergies :)
This isn’t the first time he has done this. How many “bad days” are people allowed to have as owners of a business? Just because someone gives a product or service 5 stars, that doesn’t discount someone else’s 1 star experience.

He was nice to someone so his past deeds and behavior here can be completely ignored.

Thanks for the update!

source.gif

This explains a lot.

Also, I'm sorry, what? So if someone has many bad days, weeks, months, or years (LMAOOO) we should just be the understanding party and all is forgiven?

Wow.

This explains a lot.

Also, I'm sorry, what? So if someone has many bad days, weeks, months, or years (LMAOOO) we should just be the understanding party and all is forgiven?

Wow.
yeah it does......

on the topic....don't know the man never met or chatting with him. no idear if he's having a bad run or is just that way?

He’s probably a LOT nicer and tries considerably harder when he gets the rare call from a female.
Some guys (most?) are like that 😀

Last edited:

If someone repeatedly acts like they are drugged, drunk, or insane, it matters very little if they actually are any of those things. When it comes to doing business, they should be avoided.

If someone repeatedly acts like they are drugged, drunk, or insane, it matters very little if they actually are any of those things. When it comes to doing business, they should be avoided.
The OP didn’t lose any money and his mom got her knife. The OP only lost the right to buy, which is something they don’t even want. Calling Neil drugged, drunk and insane is unwarranted and libelous.

The OP didn’t lose any money and his mom got her knife. The OP only lost the right to buy, which is something they don’t even want. Calling Neil drugged, drunk and insane is unwarranted and libelous.
Ah.... so it's fine then. Totally okay. Headache was worth it. No money was lost! I know you have admitted to having a neurological disorder, so please reread my post and tell me why you disagree.

And yeah, if Neil keeps acting like a crazy addict, which has been proven over and over and over again, people are going to call it like they see it. And, you don't know more about what is going on with Neil than people who are currently dealing with him so take off you fake lawyer hat please. If it is libel, let Neil sue, he doesn't need your misguided armchair help, and I'd advise him not to take it.

Last edited:
Hollywood is not a very good place, it's old and run down. Pembroke pines is the best area. West of Hollywood. And yes their is a lot of drugs. I lived there most of my life. I've never heard of this doozh bag before. I used to go to Broward gun and knives. They have everything. It was nice to see your knife before you bought it. The internet created these unscrupulous sellers.
Unfortunately, Broward Gun and Knife became Arizona Gun and Knife, and then went out of business. I miss them, they were the best shop down here.

n2s

Were you this interested in defending the OP (or the other guy who had a bad run in with Neil while he was on another bender*) or nah? Do you owe Neil money, or are somehow otherwise being coerced into to defending him? Blink once for yes, twice for no!

* Who claimed that the customer who was flicking another knife was clearly flicking the Umnumzaan he was trying to return, remember that? THAT was unwarranted and libelous, genius.

Ah.... so it's fine then. Totally okay. Headache was worth it. No money was lost! I know you have admitted to having a neurological disorder, so please reread my post and tell me why you disagree.

And yeah, if Neil keeps acting like a crazy addict, which has been proven over and over and over again, people are going to call it like they see it. And, you don't know more about what is going on with Neil than people who are currently dealing with him so take off you fake lawyer hat please. If it is libel, let Neil sue, he doesn't need your misguided armchair help, and I'd advise him not to take it.
A neurological disorder does not mean cognitive impairment…I disagree because I actually read the emails. I used to work in a mental hospital and I know drunks and addicts. From the emails, he seemed to be mistaken not impaired due to drugs, alcohol or disease.

A neurological disorder does not mean cognitive impairment…I disagree because I actually read the emails. I used to work in a mental hospital and I know drunks and addicts. From the emails, he seemed to be mistaken not impaired due to drugs, alcohol or disease.
Are you asserting that you can, by reading emails, accurately distinguish between an innocent mistake of fact and a mistake due to impairment resulting from drugs, alcohol, or disease?

On your first point, we'll disagree. A neurological disorder can mean cognitive impairment.

Again, you missed my point Mr. Mind Support. It does not matter what Neil's malfunction is, though it is clear he has one based on the overwhelming
evidence from numerous reports of his poor and erratic behavior. Anyone who behaves like Neil should be avoided when doing business.

Are you asserting that you can, by reading emails, accurately distinguish between an innocent mistake of fact and a mistake due to impairment resulting from drugs, alcohol, or disease?
He's an expert on everything!

Last edited:
"TrueNorth Knives"? It's not even in northern Florida. 😄
In case you are not aware it originated in Canada, where he did business for many years. He is now in south Florida, but I am not sure where in the US the business is. I don't believe S Fl., but could be wrong.

Back