Show us your Randalls

Denmark Special. This one is indeed a good carry.
View attachment 1960166
All red and white spacers, that is something that is an option not offered by Randall. In the past I believe a Orlando Sporting goods shop that was a Randall dealer had this as a special feature, great knife!

I just read up on the Denmark special, it was even named after the store.
1665960197886.png

Last edited:
I agree I’ve always wished mine had the brass plate.

view

Yours is the first one Ive noticed that had a spacer under the plate, and with that spacer stack at the guard its a beautiful knife.

Last edited:
This is my first 21 and I never owned a 19. Your stag is awesome! Beautiful knives. There is always a spacer. At a $50. brass/$55 Nickel the butt plate is not a common addition IMOP. Kind of like the $40. wrist thong. On the standard r/w/b the butt plate spacer is red.
getimagerr.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, they are two very special knives to me. I like the lighter color and proportions of your stag a lot. (Randall always does stag right)

I went back to look at a picture of my sons knife and can see the spacer. I guess I’ve seen the spacer before, but never noticed it.

The ones without the butt plate can be rounded over, the ones with the butt plate are squared off. My son’s will actually stand up on its butt plate.

view

Last edited:
eveled, IMPO, I would not put a butt plate on these specific knives. The end would have to be planed down(flattened) off so the plate would fit flat losing a lot of length and character. With the (I think) patina they appear to be working knives. The butt plate scratches very easy and really serves no purpose other than appeal. Both knives have beautiful stag with their natural look.

Last edited:
eveled, IMPO, I would not put a butt plate on these specific knives. The end would have to be planed down(flattened) off so the plate would fit flat losing a lot of length and character. With the (I think) patina they appear to be working knives. The butt plate scratches very easy and really serves no purpose other than appeal. Both knives have beautiful stag with their natural look.
I think you are right. I’m going to leave them as is and keep working them.

I’ve always wanted a double sheath for them. I forget whose this is, but it’s beautiful 1649E6FC-8031-4280-92C6-0087703497F0.jpeg
Maybe someday I’ll make a plain one.

Last edited:
Back