Sold Six For Sale, LC200N, AEB-L, MagnaCut

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Good afternoon friends, I am offering a few items that I have either previously completed, or which I have made alongside customer orders over the last few weeks. All knives were heat treated by the world class heat treater Jarod Todd, except one by Peter's (also very well regarded) which I have noted in that knife's post. Weight and length specs for each knife are in the pictures. Sheaths are either Boltaron, or Holstex.

Boltaron is a thermoplastic like Kydex, similar in price, but with a molding temperature about 30° higher than Kydex. This means that it is functionally identical to Kydex in all climates except that in high temperature climates it is a far superior choice, as it is much less likely to lose its shape if left in a hot car, for example. The only drawback to Boltaron over Kydex is it is available in fewer colors.

Holstex is a thermoplastic like Kydex, but with an artistic design molded into the outer surface. It has the same durability and resistance to the elements as Kydex.

Payment is via itemized PayPal invoice, which I will send to your specified email address. Includes tracked and insured expedited North America shipping. I will ship internationally at buyer's expense and liability. First "I'll take it" with comms by PM or email (ie send me the email address you want the invoice sent to) gets priority. My email address is in my sig if you turn your phone sideways. Combined shipping saves $15 per extra item.

Thank you for looking!

Bitty Bitey Birdie Two - SOLD
This is an unconventional knife that came about entirely by accident. I was asked to make some chef knives, and all I had at the time that would accommodate the request in the specified time frame were some machete blanks, but the handle to blade angle was all wrong for a knife meant to be used on a cutting board. So I cut into the handle and removed all the material that would have obstructed knuckle clearance in pinch grip, and built the handle with a partial tang. The left-over material was too large to just throw away, and I knew I had to do something with it. And now we have "Bitty Bitey Birdie". I've made two of these so far, and like them so much that they are going to have their own design drawn up in my CAD files. Future iterations will the option of fob attachment.

It is a perfect sized knife for a keychain, pocket or neck carry, and non-knife people friendly in the extreme. And surprisingly secure in the hand for its size, would be a great hideaway knife.

Specs
Steel: .140" MagnaCut, 61 RC

Geometry: Full height flatvex grind, near zero edge

Handle: Hand textured red canvas Micarta

Sheath: Black Boltaron taco sheath included - very secure, but easy to unsheath one handed.

IMG_0628.JPG
IMG_0629.JPG
IMG_0630.JPG

(below pic light reflection looks like an edge roll - it is not an edge roll; the edge is crisp and contiguous, and slices printer paper with no snagging)
IMG_0631.JPG
IMG_0632.JPG
IMG_0633.JPG
IMG_0634.JPG
IMG_0635.JPG
IMG_0686.JPG
IMG_0693.JPG

Last edited:
Pseudo Sheepsfoot EDC - SOLD

Mid to large sized EDC knife, very slicey, and with an exception feel and balance in hand. Not normally something I highjlight as a selling point, but if you want a knife that transitions quickly and easily from forward to reverse grip and back, this one surprised me at how quickly, easily and securely it does so. When I pick this knife up, it's hard not to "fidget flip" it back and forth between grips!

Specs
Steel: .093" AEB-L, 61 RC

Handle: Hand textured OD Suretouch and natural canvas Micarta liners

Sheath: Black Boltaron taco sheath included - very secure, no rattle, moderate force required to unsheath.

$155

IMG_0636.JPG
IMG_0637.JPG
IMG_0638.JPG
IMG_0639.JPG
IMG_0640.JPG
IMG_0641.JPG
IMG_0642.JPG
IMG_0643.JPG
IMG_0687.JPG
IMG_0694.JPG

Last edited:
MagnaCut One Off - SOLD

Here's a high saber ground mid to large sized EDC knife with mill finish flats, and an experiment where I went for the most minimalist handle and sheath mating I could without compromising sheath retention. The handle design allowed this experiment to succeed very nicely. This is a comfrotable and extremely grippy knife that would serve well in wet environments, or as a backup to CCW.

Specs
Steel: .140" MagnaCut, 62-63 RC

Geometry: High sabervex grind, ~.004" behind the edge

Handle: Hand textured red Suretouch and natural canvas Micarta liners.

Sheath: Red twill Holstex taco sheath included - very secure, no rattle, moderate force required to unsheath.

IMG_0652.JPG
IMG_0653.JPG
IMG_0654.JPG
IMG_0655.JPG
IMG_0658.JPG
IMG_0659.JPG
IMG_0660.JPG
IMG_0661.JPG
IMG_0689.JPG
IMG_0696.JPG

Last edited:
Prevail Wharncliffe - Bartered

The Prevail is still my favorite design for EDC, with what I consider to be just the right blade to handle angle for aggressive cutting, but not too much to the point of being gimmicky like certain single focused self defense knives on the market. This one has a very thin grind for extreme slicing, and I contend it will quickly became a cardboard processing favorite in whichever home it goes to. Light and fast for its size, and designed to excel for not only utility purposes but also MBC style defense.

Specs
Steel: .093" AEB-L, , 61-62 RC

Geometry: Full flatvex grind, ~.004" behind the edge

Handle: Hand textured green Suretouch and natural canvas Micarta liners.

Sheath: Black Boltaron taco sheath included - medium secure, slight rattle, low force required to unsheath.

IMG_0662.JPG
IMG_0663.JPG
IMG_0664.JPG
IMG_0665.JPG
IMG_0666.JPG
IMG_0667.JPG
IMG_0668.JPG
IMG_0669.JPG
IMG_0690.JPG
IMG_0697.JPG

Last edited:
Weed Speasel - SOLD

This is possibly the last LC200N knife I will ever make. It truly is a great steel that is very tough with acceptable edge holding, and proven itself to be rustproof, but at twice the cost of MagnaCut for North American purchasers, it simply can no longer compete economically. This little knife is a one-off, somewhat similar to the upcoming Weasel Scout, aka Speed Weasel. It is light, fast, comfortable, and ready to disappear in a pocket or under your shirt until you need convenient high performance cutting.

Specs
Steel: .093" LC200N, 58-59 RC, heat treated by Peter's

Geometry: Full flatvex grind, ~.004" behind the edge

Handle: Hand textured black Suretouch.

Sheath: Black twill Holstex taco sheath included - very secure, slight rattle, low force required to unsheath.

IMG_0670.JPG
IMG_0671.JPG
IMG_0672.JPG
IMG_0673.JPG
IMG_0674.JPG
IMG_0675.JPG
IMG_0676.JPG
IMG_0677.JPG
IMG_0691.JPG
IMG_0698.JPG

Last edited:
MagnaCut R&D machete - SOLD

This knife was made for research and development purposes. I originally ground it extremely thin to test MagnaCut's limits, as disclosed in this post:

I have since reground it a little thicker behind the edge, and it has sustained no further damage from moderate wood chopping or batoning.

Specs
Steel: .140" MagnaCut, 61 RC

Geometry: High sabervex grind, ~.016" behind the edge

Handle: Hand textured black Suretouch.

Sheath: Black Boltaron taco sheath included - very secure, slight rattle, moderate force required to unsheath.

IMG_0678.JPG
IMG_0679.JPG
IMG_0680.JPG
IMG_0681.JPG
IMG_0682.JPG
IMG_0683.JPG
IMG_0684.JPG
IMG_0685.JPG
IMG_0692.JPG
IMG_0699.JPG

Last edited:
Pseudo Sheepsfoot EDC

Mid to large sized EDC knife, very slicey, and with an exception feel and balance in hand. Not normally something I highjlight as a selling point, but if you want a knife that transitions quickly and easily from forward to reverse grip and back, this one surprised me at how quickly, easily and securely it does so. When I pick this knife up, it's hard not to "fidget flip" it back and forth between grips!

Specs
Steel: .093" AEB-L, 61 RC

Handle: Hand textured OD Suretouch and natural canvas Micarta liners

Sheath: Black Boltaron taco sheath included - very secure, no rattle, moderate force required to unsheath.

$155

View attachment 2062304
View attachment 2062305
View attachment 2062306
View attachment 2062307
View attachment 2062308
View attachment 2062309
View attachment 2062310
View attachment 2062311
View attachment 2062312
View attachment 2062313
This shape looks very familiar. Love how the handle came out.

Is the R&D Magnacut Machete still taking up space in your shop?
I'd be happy to give it a new Family...

All Sold, thank you everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back