Skinny Fat Bowie is Awesome

Skinny Fat Bowie was originally made in 3/32" 15N20. I had a bunch of "universal blanks" cut out by waterjet that I had designed to allow me to mod them into whatever I could think of.

Skinny Fat Bowie was the result of one such mod. With that stock thickness and alloy a zero grind saber or scandi can still cut and yes slice exceptionally well.

And with the blade height and grind and it maintained blade rigidity making it suitable for ... negotiating with criminals.

And I also think it looks cool.

I heard FSA is full of bologna, but has excellent taste in knafs.
(HEY FSA! 👋)

I love the chunky look of that knaf.
I also like the pokey bit at the end.

Reactions: FSA
Skinny Fat Bowie was originally made in 3/32" 15N20. I had a bunch of "universal blanks" cut out by waterjet that I had designed to allow me to mod them into whatever I could think of.

Skinny Fat Bowie was the result of one such mod. With that stock thickness and alloy a zero grind saber or scandi can still cut and yes slice exceptionally well.

And with the blade height and grind and it maintained blade rigidity making it suitable for ... negotiating with criminals.

And I also think it looks cool.
IMG_20230519_215325357.jpg
Here it is friends and neighbors. The original...

The best taste!

Actually, there's a pork butt in the smoker, so it's not quite bologna this weekend...
I did 5 lb BBQ shredded roast in the crockpot today with homemade Mac and cheese. Had family over. Was a hit. I don't have my skinny fat yet so I prepped with my edchef.

I did 5 lb BBQ shredded roast in the crockpot today with homemade Mac and cheese. Had family over. Was a hit. I don't have my skinny fat yet so I prepped with my edchef.

We do love homemade mac and cheese around here. In or out of the smoker. Lately we have just used smoked gouda in there with the other cheese.

I haven't tried it yet, but I am going use my Sylvan on the next brisket I do.

Back