Small knife challenge

• Yes I accept

Votes: 34 42.0%
  • No I don't accept

Votes: 36 44.4%
  • I'll think about it

Votes: 11 13.6%

• Total voters
This is the little knife challenge. For one month, you have to only use [any] knife that is less than 3 inches for all your
day to day cutting/edc tasks.
there is a twist however: every time you find that 2.9 inches isn't enough, you MAY use something longer, but you HAVE to write it down. At the end of the month long challenge, count how many times you had to use a knife longer than 2.9 inches and post it on the thread
Exceptions apply:
1. Food prep and cooking
2. Outdoor gardening
3. Game dressing

I voted that I will think about it but my EDC knives for the last few years have been my CRK Mnandi, Buck 501 or Spyderco Lil’ Native so I am comfortable with knives smaller than a 3 inch blade but I am not really fond of limiting my choices.

Challenge? Heck, the fun for me is to follow the will-o'-the-wisp of my whims and fancies. But kudos to those who take up this mantle.

Oh, and kudos to you for the idea. (Says the guy with a Cold Steel Hold Out III in his pocket for most of today, yet now contemplating a switcheroo to the 4-Max, only because I don't have a 5-Max...)

I really prefer a longer and faster opening blade than any of my sub-3". I have a Boker Gentleman that honestly could handle everything I need to do and then some. I could probably get by with just my Leatherman Charge as well. actually, my wife bought that for me so that my snobby self could carry JUST a MT with a "decent" steel.

But I'm rocking a 3.25" OTF right now and I dont want to carry anything smaller or slower, tbh.

All my knives are 3" or smaller. They function fine and I like to be discreet as I live in an urban area.
I became frustrated with my shelf of battle horse knives and other sheathed knives of similar quality from other companies just sitting there, I would never take them out despite still being legal. I found whether fixed or folding, the bigger the knife, the less it got used. Having switched to smaller, they get all sorts of use, including being capable of doing the tasks I whipped out a 4 inch blade for

My blazing yellow Spyderco Enuff Sheepsfoot SE is looking at me, daring me to carry only it for a month. A knife with a 2.75 inch blade looks cartoonish in my hand but I'm curious if I can make it work.

Hmm....

Back