SMALLS (Traditionals only)

A Horsewright Vaquero:

KHzPFjT.jpg

This Charles May knife was sent in for a new sheath:

2cZnqtr.jpg

MXAUXcT.jpg

From a guy that mostly makers smaller knives, this is a pretty darn nice knife:

uUAh2ao.jpg

As a maker of mostly "small" knives I'm often amused by the large knives that some folks have to have. Wanted to provide some pics of a small knife used often:

A Horsewright Vaquero model in 26C3 high carbon steel with ramshorn handle and a roughout old style Horizontal crossdraw sheath:

mK0jHEe.jpg

It was in for some rehab as the tip had broken skinning the paw of a mountain lion.

3Cg5DIK.jpg

GSlFOl8.jpg

Literally a five minute fix. Smalls can get er done!!

V89hj3p.jpg

A9fsUGV.jpg

Last edited:
As a maker of mostly "small" knives I'm often amused by the large knives that some folks have to have. Wanted to provide some pics of a small knife used often:

A Horsewright Vaquero model in 26C3 high carbon steel with ramshorn handle and a roughout old style Horizontal crossdraw sheath:

mK0jHEe.jpg

It was in for some rehab as the tip had broken skinning the paw of a mountain lion.

V89hj3p.jpg

A9fsUGV.jpg
How did they break a tip on a mountain lion paw,never liked big knives for skinning, lose your control,but the longer blade does give you more surface to dull.outside of moose most could be done with a paring size knife.i do find some wolverine fur can be tough and need some strength .

How did they break a tip on a mountain lion paw,never liked big knives for skinning, lose your control,but the longer blade does give you more surface to dull.outside of moose most could be done with a paring size knife.i do find some wolverine fur can be tough and need some strength .
I'm not sure how that was done. I never spoke with him directly.

Back