SOG TRIDENT FX FIXED BLADE TANTO

Just wondering if anyone else has heard when this new Trident FX will be available. First I heard available in July then again October. Still nada. Hoping I would see them available for Xmas time but nothing new so far. looking for a fixed blade EDC and this one appeals to me. Around a 4 inch blade tanto style and 4116 steel. Appreciate it if anyone has heard new info on this model.

Just saw Sog has added the FX Trident to their site but says "Coming Soon" so I gave up for now. Adding a Blackout version plus coming out with serrated blade style. Gives a price of $99 but street price should be a bit lower.

Just wondering if anyone else has heard when this new Trident FX will be available. First I heard available in July then again October. Still nada. Hoping I would see them available for Xmas time but nothing new so far. looking for a fixed blade EDC and this one appeals to me. Around a 4 inch blade tanto style and 4116 steel. Appreciate it if anyone has heard new info on this model.
it looks to me like the trident tanto folder the new one shape wise. I assume this is what it's supposed to be. not sure if I'm liking it yet or not.......I kinda like the folder except that ridiculous sized cutout cord cutter slot in the handle right by the pocket clip which leads to cutting ones pocket edge.

I'm gonna have to wait and see a review video so I can get a better look at it.

since I'm here and gsm owns this company now too.... S Shaun Cazin

ya gonna participate on this forum too for gsm?

Thanks for reply jb. Yeah a review sounds great before buying I agree. It just sounds like a great fixed blade knife for the tactical/defense role. Been thinking of a fixed blade for EDC and woods hikes. Blade length does sound about right for this role. Ergonomics look good as is the case with my Trident folder. Been packing it daily despite the added weight over the old version. Not into bush crafting myself so it ain't an issue. Heard about gsm and yep I will be here. Actually kinda like Sog's direction lately.

Are you talking about this thing.

FIX-173A-scaled.jpg

At least it doesn't have that jimping on the spine near the tip of questionable purpose that some of SOG's other
new fixed blades feature.
5Efrz8.jpg

Yes vjb. Exactly Hoping available soon. Just looks to be a good tactical/defense Fixed for EDC. Suppose to be available with green or black grip. 4.2 inch blade and I like that sheath too.

Last edited:
Back