Some awarded knives of Brasilia knife show

Daniel Dynia

Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Hello ladies and gentlemen!
I've been absent from BF for while but it was for a good reason. Since january I was preparing some pieces for Brasilia knife show here in Brazil based on our capital. This event is very important for me and my career, last year my first show was there and I was able to receive the best beginner award.
This year I went face to face against the "big guys" here and received 4 awards!
The awards were Best Bowie knife, Best camp knife, Best figther and best blade made in carbon steel.

7qdyM2U.jpg

All the knives and the awards

QEpXWg7.jpg

Best bowie knife

mhSS1S8.jpg

Best camp knife

piLtVyQ.jpg

Best fighter and best blade in carbon steel for the same knife!

Thank you guys, it is very rewarding reading all these comments! They give me more energy to keep developing my technique and making good work!

Congratulations!

I’m curious if you studied under someone else or if you’re self-taught… Amazing work for your apparent lack of experience either way. (I also love that camp knife).

Congratulations!

I’m curious if you studied under someone else or if you’re self-taught… Amazing work for your apparent lack of experience either way. (I also love that camp knife).
Thank you!
I started by myself, searching online, and reading. Blade forums helped a lot back then. In 2018 I attended to my first course with a not very known knife maker here in Brazil, after that I stopped making knives for a long time, one, maybe two years without making anything. Since 2020 I am more focused in bladesmithing because I decided to build a career and turn this into my full time profession. Last year at Brasilia knife show a collector saw potential in me and made the bridge between me and Andre Klen JS, after the course with him I was able to polish my skills and become friends with him and Dionatam Franco MS. Today both of them are a huge influence in my work and great mentors and friends.

A superb accomplishment! Congratulations- and obviously they were spot-on with last year’s award! 😉

Hope to see more of your work here on BF!
Allan
Thank you, Allan!
I'll be posting some knives here soon!

Back