• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Someone to watch out for!

Avoid doing business with tonyrobles2007@gmail.com:thumbdn:. I have a strong feeling he's a scammer. This guy claims he is an ex-Miami Dade LEO officer overseas in Saudi Arabia, which in my opinion is not problem. I ask him to send his trade knife first, since i do not even know his username. I ask him three times for him to give me his username, and each time he avoids it. I even provide him with proof of my clean reputation on "the Good, the bad, the ugly", yet he avoids the question. He claims he was burned by a member with 3,000 posts. So i ask him who the member is. Once again, he avoids that question. My last response was "First off, i am not doubting you at all. Fact is that you still didnt answer my question of, "what is your username?" Once i get that i can check the credibility on you. You say you have been burned by a member who has 3,000 posts. Who is he? So without even knowing your username, it is a even bigger risk for me to trade with someone overseas. You have not provided me with any sort of evidence that you even exist on the forums. And i have. Either i get your username or that you send it first, or else there is no deal."
His response was "Oh sorry but I got offended with your last statement to me, have a good day."
Is it just or does anyone feel this guy is trying to scam also?
If anyone wants the full copy of the conversation i had with him, email me at ep1523@hotmail.com

After not answering your questions after the second request I would have just dropped it and dealt with someone else.

I dont know if hes a scammer. When he contacted me with a trade, at the time he had few to no posts. I asked if he would ship first and i had proof of my Good Feedback, but he also said no. His response was somewhere alonge the lines of, "Bud, well if thats hows its gonna be then blah blah blah." I just replied with " thank you, and good luck with future trades".... So i did prefer to be safe than sorry. He does have alot up to trade on the forums with pics n all. We will find out.
Matt

I'm confused. Trimcut123, are you talking about the same person SharpOne is talking about? If so how did you find out his username?

SharpOne it does sound like a scam and Trimcut I am equally confused??:confused:

Thats a good question. I know the email i got is from the same tonyrobles deal. Before i say who i think he is , let me make sure and see if i still have the email. Un momentito.
Matt

Wait -- you edited your post so I'm editing mine. Don't post it; send me a PM or email.

This is the user name that posted on the thread in the link at the same time i recieved the email. AZZKIKR.....

He has his email clearly listed as tonyrobles on all his threads. So maybe he is legit. Just not good at communicating with other traders.

I've got a deal with him,but now I'm not sure.He give me the same line about being in Saudi Arabia.That's not the problem.He sent me an email saying he had sent his knives out and we agreed that I would send mine later.I was going to have him to send his,then when I received them I'd send my end of the deal but we decided on this instead;I would wait 15 days and then send mine to meet him halfway,since he said it would take 21 days to get from there to here and vice versa.Today I received an email from him saying that he had just been to the PO and shipped ONE knife,I don't know what happened to TWO knives.This has got me seriously thinking about backing out on my end,even though I've never done this.What do you guys think?:confused:

I've got a deal with him,but now I'm not sure.He give me the same line about being in Saudi Arabia.That's not the problem.He sent me an email saying he had sent his knives out and we agreed that I would send mine later.I was going to have him to send his,then when I received them I'd send my end of the deal but we decided on this instead;I would wait 15 days and then send mine to meet him halfway,since he said it would take 21 days to get from there to here and vice versa.Today I received an email from him saying that he had just been to the PO and shipped ONE knife,I don't know what happened to TWO knives.This has got me seriously thinking about backing out on my end,even though I've never done this.What do you guys think?:confused:

DON'T ship crap to him until you get something. this one smells VERY fishy. Not my business, but it doesn't sound good.

After reading this I would not have traded with him either unless he sent first.
If it were me I would not send anything until you get all of what you are suppose to get.
Does seem fishy.

Yeh, thats exactly why i took my business else where. You dont want to lose your merchandise. I always shipped first when i had no feedback. And they were all conus trades, Not even taking into consideration that he is half way around the world. But actions speek louder than words.

he said he was sending it expidited international,because the other was to costly:confused:

he said he was sending it expidited international,because the other was to costly:confused:

If he can not provide tracking information, do not send anything until that knife arrives.

Have you found out why he supposedly only sent one knife?

Since getting screwed over by Oliver Plomion from France I now must insist on receiving 1st. If folks can't understand the hesitation in dealing with international trades then so be it. No harm no foul. The situation jsj72 is in would definitely have me waiting for an arrival of BOTH blades before shipping. Sounds like this character is playing change up with the deal terms as agreed to. Red flag for sure! If all goes well give the guy a good review if you wish. If it goes sour, you do not take the hit :)

Back