SwampRat you won’t sell

The middle pile... plus the additions since pic was taken...
Ag2Nc4y.jpg

Short of finding another kin I like more to take its position (SAR, perhaps?), I would have to fall on the hardest of times to let this one go.

DrAMskU.jpg
If you mean SAR Rat, then I can tell you you would not like it much.
I have one that got a custom coating strip & polish job and hardwood handles... it still is above .25 thick stock. For a knife that size...

If you mean SAR Rat, then I can tell you you would not like it much.
I have one that got a custom coating strip & polish job and hardwood handles... it still is above .25 thick stock. For a knife that size...

I meant the Busse SAR3. Seems like a very close relative to the R3. Initially, I did not like the bump in the handle at all. Wasn’t very comfortable, and it stopped me from gripping the knife the way I wanted to. I eventually came around to like it. It provides several different grips that weren’t obvious to me at first. Great for skinning, precision cutting, and even some modest chopping! And the wood handles, whatever they are, are quite light. It makes my coated/G-10 Mini-Vex feel like a brick. I wish I had grown to love it while it was still available. I would have certainly ordered several with canvas micarta, and possibly scooped up all the Custom Shops that hit the exchange 5-6 years ago.

Hot diggitty! I knew I was kicking the hornets nest with this post, but you gentlemen have over delivered. Keep em coming, amazing knives. 😅😈

MMD & Eraticator for sure:

i-ZxH85RH-X3.jpg

i-BWZ7vKp-X3.jpg

And I'd like to keep my FFG Ratmandu (3rd from the right below):

i-pZ7gTBh-X3.jpg
What is the far left one? I should have ffg my ratmandu, but I gave it to a not knife enthusiast buddy. He is amazed at how often he doesn’t have to sharpen it, after gutting a couple elk.

What is the far left one? I should have ffg my ratmandu, but I gave it to a not knife enthusiast buddy. He is amazed at how often he doesn’t have to sharpen it, after gutting a couple elk.

The two left ones are OK&T, Ranger and Ferox, both in CPM 154.

Although I can't seem to add a pic on here, i can say pretty much without a doubt that i won't sell my Free Rein Wakizashi. As its my first short sword. My first Swamprat and Bussekins first foray into 3V steel. So it feels like a piece of history.

Although I can't seem to add a pic on here, i can say pretty much without a doubt that i won't sell my Free Rein Wakizashi. As its my first short sword. My first Swamprat and Bussekins first foray into 3V steel. So it feels like a piece of history.
Dang, I had passed it up, but now I'm having 2nd thoughts after reading your post..lol
Nice one, for sure!

You sir, have an actual problem. Beautiful collection, but you’re sick. I think the only solution is to send half of those (I’m not greedy) to me. You’ll feel much better. 😔😅😂
That's no problem. That's boss level... 😅

I meant the Busse SAR3. Seems like a very close relative to the R3. Initially, I did not like the bump in the handle at all. Wasn’t very comfortable, and it stopped me from gripping the knife the way I wanted to. I eventually came around to like it. It provides several different grips that weren’t obvious to me at first. Great for skinning, precision cutting, and even some modest chopping! And the wood handles, whatever they are, are quite light. It makes my coated/G-10 Mini-Vex feel like a brick. I wish I had grown to love it while it was still available. I would have certainly ordered several with canvas micarta, and possibly scooped up all the Custom Shops that hit the exchange 5-6 years ago.

I liked SAR 3, but traded it for Muck a long time ago (that was my first ever Busse).
As for R3 being light…
CEAA74E7-A4FF-4175-8969-457C54889A8D.jpeg

Back