Talk me into or out of the 2023 Legacy 110 w/ Black Scalloped Richlite Handles

AR-Trvlr

Gold Member
I keep looking at the 2023 LE Legacy 110 with the black scalloped Richlite scales and S45VN drop point blade, but the $325 price point keeps me from pulling the trigger. It seems pricey for what you get….

LE-110BKSLE1-1200x1200-bd93c0f.jpg

price is high, but on par with legacy knives. will you collect it or use it? are you going to want the matching 112 coming out in '24? I try not to collect 110s, but I am going to spring for the 112. Personally, I think the scalloped richlite is the nicest handle since the rosewood 113 that came out a while ago.

It is pricey, but a limited number made...we just don't know how many. I do think the price is high. Richlite does not strike me as a premium handle material, S45VN on the other hand is premium steel, but I wouldn't use it. If you want/gotta have maybe you can find it on sale or second hand. It is a handsome knife.

I think the scalloped richlite is the nicest handle since the rosewood 113
Don't forget these two...
H53fSb0.jpg

I think they're overpriced.
And it's not a comfortable handle.

I'm quite amused by the fact you don't see "collectors" successfully flipping them tho.
😁

There's a matching 112 in this year's legacy collection. The question should be whether you want to spend $800 and get both or not...lol

I think what happened is Buck seen 'flipper' prices and wanted a piece of it..and got it. I feel a run HAS TO BE limited to get collector prices. Web specials before 2020 or so are a perfect example. If there's 500 or more made it is NOT rare..

I also feel that only you can decide - but:

"Talk me into":
If you really like it, I doubt you'll ever regret buying it. I was thinking recently about a couple of things that I paid more for than I really wanted to at the time (but that I really wanted). Years later, I don't regret the purchases at all. In fact, I'm glad I got them. Can't get them anymore.

"Talk me... out of":
I agree that some might consider it "pricey for what you get."

We will all look at you with disgust and loathing if you post your acquisition here. Knowing this, it will sit in your safe and only come out under the full moon to you crooning, "My precious."

But you will know that it is yours and it will take care of you and make you whole.

Until another Buck comes along.

It is a beautiful knife, I must say! 😸

Zieg

I have a Buck 110 Legacy with an S-45-VN clip point blade. The frame is take apart Aluminum construction with a pocket clip.The scales are Carbon fiber but can be swapped out for G-10, Micarta, wood, etc. Blades can be easily swapped out as well. The knife is much lighter than the “Nickel Silver” models and was much cheaper than $325. I think this modular knife is more useful and a better value than the 2023 Legacy. I would post a picture, but my limit has been reached.

I think they're overpriced.
And it's not a comfortable handle.

I'm quite amused by the fact you don't see "collectors" successfully flipping them tho.
😁
got my 112 today... you are so right about the handle. they had to groove it too deep to get that layered look

It seems like a lot of money for a knife with Richlite handle scales. The S45v blade steel is great but the whole package is way too expensive. At least it is for me. You know your budget better than anyone.

Back