The CRK Anticipation Thread - Show Your 'Inbound's!

Small 21 cf insingo sebenza is in my top 3 I thought I’d love large inkosingo but the larges are too much my pocket Just personal preference but I’m 99% I need to sell all my larges small regular is tickling every fancy lately

Well congratulations on completing your collection! I’m sure it’s very satisfying but also bitter sweet.

Now let’s start the betting on when Kettleman Kettleman makes his next CRK purchase! 😂
Thank you! It is a bit bittersweet but Im ready for it. I spent more time this fall hunting knives than I did pheasants!

Thank you! It is a bit bittersweet but Im ready for it. I spent more time this fall hunting knives than I did pheasants!
Well I’m really happy for you and that you found the last missing piece. I know how rewarding it is to complete a collection.

I completed my LG collection a lot quicker than I had expected and while very satisfying I missed the hunt and thrill of finding a rare piece.

Noe I just dont do fancy. I carried my 32 PJ Dammy for the challenge then sold it to Mustacheben Mustacheben He's a fancy guy!
Just curious

Since you've mentioned some excluding factors like 'fancy', what were the criteria of your collection? Is everything PJ blue double lug?

I've never been that precise in my collecting, never even thought of specific criteria for those.

Just curious

Since you've mentioned some excluding factors like 'fancy', what were the criteria of your collection? Is everything PJ blue double lug?

I've never been that precise in my collecting, never even thought of specific criteria for those.
Really the only criteria I set was PJ DP knives as thats how they started. I love and carry Insingo but for the evolution collection I just wanted to see the progress of the original design.
I do put double lugs on my carry knives but the legacy knives I don't want to take a chance with the blade cracking as has been known to happen and there are no replacement blades left at this point.

Really the only criteria I set was PJ DP knives as thats how they started. I love and carry Insingo but for the evolution collection I just wanted to see the progress of the original design.
I do put double lugs on my carry knives but the legacy knives I don't want to take a chance with the blade cracking as has been known to happen and there are no replacement blades left at this point.
Does specifying evolution mean there is more than one collection? Is carry also a collection or just a knife or two?

I had always thought of the blade as stronger than the lug. It's interesting learning that's not always the case. Was that just for certain steel or did it happen on more than one steel?

I only have the four CRK as the one disappeared and wasn't replaced; still haven't gotten that refund. But, I really like my large Inkosi and am considering another. Has there ever been a large damascus Inkosi? With the Inkosi being more heavy-duty, I'm guessing that was likely saved for the Sebenza and Mnandi. I'm still waiting on the Magnacut Mnandi to come out; maybe this year or next. I also collect Buck and Spyderco, but have never tried to categorize them and most are newer anyway. Actually, I've never bought legacy anything. It's all been new production models or just recently discontinued.

I carry all of them. Some more than others and some when I am pretty certain the hardest cutting will be opening a package or such. With that said I just have the one collection and have dabbled in maybe a Micarta side as well but I think Ive talked myself out of that.

I haven't really identified a collection in my CRKs. It's a bit random/scattered instead, at least so far. Of my four CRK, the 'zaan is PJ, of course. The large Inkosi and large Sebenza are both micarta. The small Sebenze is box elder burl. While that burl is pretty, I'm not sure I want pretty for my larger CRK. They seem heavier duty, which seems opposite pretty or fancy as you prefer to exclude. I could probably do CF, though not having a CF inlay on the lock side bugs my OCD a little. If I were to go with CD, I would probably want the inlays on both sides like micarta inlays. I think there have been some like that, though I don't remember if that included Inkosi or just Sebenza. I may eventually start an Inkosi collection, but am not ready to do that until I rule out collecting the other two or the Mnandi, which I have yet to experience; still waiting on that magnacut for the first one.

Lone_Wolfe Lone_Wolfe badmatt badmatt B brock stewart Kettleman Kettleman and others of those following along. After much comparison between Clay and I, we believe this to be a real P with either the thumb stud and or the blade being replaced at some point. P It was spa’d when it went in for new birth card but the polish on the blade seems to match others. The only thing different is the plunge line.
IMG_2844.jpegIMG_2845.jpegIMG_2852.jpegIMG_2853.jpegIMG_2856.jpegIMG_2854.jpeg

Back