The J.A.C.K.

No one has posted photos of the J.A.C.K. yet?

Comes in 16 variations. Marble carbon fiber or anodized brass inlays. Anodizing on the handle is either grey, bronze, blue or flame. Blades are either M390 or Damasteel.

M390 models are USD$450 and Damasteel is USD$665

The first run of 270 which is ready now, sold out in less than a day at Reate. There is a second run due in September.

Last edited:
posted photos of mine from bladeshow in my instagram and videos of it on my youtube!

@eugeeeeenekwon
yt: eugene kwon

posted photos of mine from bladeshow in my instagram and videos of it on my youtube!

@eugeeeeenekwon
yt: eugene kwon

Between the show prototypes and production models, apart from the extra colored handle anodizing, the only other difference I can see is the blue screws.

Are you happy with your one?

yeah, david actually told me the prototypes were final in terms of their technical specs and execution; the blue screws really are the only difference i'm aware of. i absolutely love mine -- but it is pretty big. a mini jack would be perfect for most people.

Will do.

Are there any specs on the damasteel being used? Sorry if that is a dumb question, but I don’t know much about damasteel.

Will do.

Are there any specs on the damasteel being used? Sorry if that is a dumb question, but I don’t know much about damasteel.

Damasteel (the company) normally use two of their powdered stainless steels - RWL34 and PMC27 with a minimum of 15% chromium mixed together. With Damasteel (and Damascus) two or more steels are heated and hammered together to form one piece. Then the piece is hammered out longer and folded over on itself. This is done numerous times to get the patterns.

How many folds Damasteel use I'm not sure. One custom guy I talked to at a show, who makes his own Damascus from scratch, told me he does between 100 and 300 folds depending on the pattern he wants to make. I believe ABS Master Bladesmiths have to demonstrate they can fold it about 600 times. It's a hell of a lot of work.

Anyway Damascus and Damasteel are both easy to sharpen and achieve a very sharp edge.

Someone who knows more can always correct on anything I got wrong but that's the basics. There's a lot of info on the damasteel website.

For me this is my most anticipated knife this year. I love everything about it. I might even get a brass and a CF one. But definitely CF and either Bronze or Flame.

tenor.gif

I would advise everyone to search out your Reate dealers and place an order to make sure you get one. The first batch of 270 won't stretch very far with so many people wanting them.

I bet Jack Chan (Solo Jack) is happy the way this one sold. He also designed the Torrent and the Wave.

Thanks for sharing. This checks a lot of boxes for me - I have one in titanium and brass on pre-order. Wish I could afford to buy one in both brass and CF because they are both stunning in their own ways.

These are amazing. What are the dimensions?

SPECS

J.A.C.K (Designed by Solo Jack Chan)
Specification:
Bearings: Double row ceramic ball bearings
Integral handle
Open Length: 9.25”
Blade length: 3.94”
Closed length: 5.24”
Blade thickness: 0.157”
Blade material: Bohler M390/Damasteel
Blade material hardness: 61HRC
Handle material: 6AL4V Titanium