The kinda unspecified CRK talk thread.

Just bought a 2nd hand large 31.
I'm sad that my KME only goes down to 17°, I was hoping to get to 15°. It's s35vn.
Flip the bracket upside down, if you haven't already. It's easier to hit lower angles.

Just one dude's opinion, but I think a Sebenza sharpened at 15 dps would have rather a fat bevel. My friendly advice would be to see how you like the performance at around 19 dps, then work your way down with subsequent sharpenings. You can always remove more steel if you want, but you can't put it back.

Flip the bracket upside down, if you haven't already. It's easier to hit lower angles.

Just one dude's opinion, but I think a Sebenza sharpened at 15 dps would have rather a fat bevel. My friendly advice would be to see how you like the performance at around 19 dps, then work your way down with subsequent sharpenings. You can always remove more steel if you want, but you can't put it back.
I'm ok with fat bevels.
My old large 21, I sharpened by hand but it was to the point of the thumbstud hitting the stones at times.
I broke down a lot of boxes at work, and the low angle and polished edge made it fly through any kind of cardboard.

My knives typically won't see any hard use, no impacts. Just slice and cut, so over the years I just gradually wanted thinner edges.

Currently on fleabay there is a listing for a completely bastardized carbon fiber 31. It has a damascus blade from another knife, aftermarket studs that look like they have grind marks or plier marks going all the way around them, "custom" lock side "inlays" that look like a six year old cut them out of a sheet of ply, and a scratched up aftermarket clip. How much do they want for it? Just under $2000. Don't worry though, it's brand new never sharpened or carried and has only cut paper. The studs and inlays are also "engineered." He payed a premium to put this together and ebay is charging him a $270 fee to sell it so cut him a break. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Oh man, I wish you’d-a posted a screenshot. If you know the link, shoot it to me in a DM.

Oh man, I wish you’d-a posted a screenshot. If you know the link, shoot it to me in a DM.
I should save the page as a pdf now that I think of it. A relic to enjoy and get a good laugh at for the rest of eternity.

sailfish sailfish Screenshots of just the knife won't violate any BF policies :cool:
All yours for only $2k plus shipping and tax.

tiDNExP.jpg

ZrQja5O.jpg

2OPmXl3.jpg

From the listing:

"This is my Chris Reeve Small Sebenza 31 Carbon Fiber and Damascus blade, double lug. This is brand new, never used carried or sharpened, did cut some paper only. Listed as used as I own it. The handle and the blade is original by Chris Reeves knifes as shown by the boxes and certificates. The carbon fiber inlay on the back is engineered as well as the double lug. There is a Timascus clip put in as well. This is what I wanted for my Chris reeve knife and I had to make it as they are not taking orders for Damascus blade and a delay on the carbon fiber handle. I paid premium on both of them plus tax and shipping etc. I got these inlays done professionally by an artist with carbon fiber of the same pattern, fortunately. The double lug is titanium and has some scuff due to fitting issue as I did not permit anything to be done to the original blade. I only noticed when taking a picture of the knife. There is also some side scuff on the Timascus clip which I do not know how and noticed only with the pictures. (Damn these cameras are good :)). The blade is very well centered as seen against the light, butter smooth operation as I do it with one hand only. This is a right handed knife and priced very fairly. There is almost 270 dollars eBay fee for selling this. I will send you the box you like with certificate, cream, wrench, loctite as shown, a copy of the other certificate which you can down load, original clip and the original blue lug. I continue to use and enjoy while it is listed. Shipping is calculated by eBay
Please ask all questions before bidding/ buying
No international buyers as I do not know how to send it
No returns are accepted as shipping is expensive.
Thank you for looking and interest"

He’s also listed ( under a different name) the small plain 31 which apparently was the donor for the CN Damascus blade. Though he lists it as just a regular 31 both box and birth card show its original build. It’s a gem compared to this stoner version. If he’d just replaced the lanyard with a rubber band and whistle it would be irresistible…
———-
“This is my Chris reeve Sebenza 31 knife and is brand new. It is never used or carried. The box and the certificate were accidently sold with the higher knife so I have a box and certificate of damascus blade which I will include with the knife. This knife is not Damascus blade but plain blade as shown in the picture. It is brand new and never used. Chris reeve authenticate for 10 dollars if you need to. It includes the cloth, glue, cream, wrench. A beautiful knife and is authentic 100%
Please ask all questions before buying the knife, I am usually prompt
No international buyer
No returns as the shipping is expensive
Thank you for looking”

Last edited:
He’s also listed ( under a different name) the small plain 31 which apparently was the donor for the CN Damascus blade. Though he lists it as just a regular 31 both box and birth card show its original build. It’s a gem compared to this stoner version. If he’d just replaced the lanyard with a rubber band and whistle it would be irresistible…
———-
“This is my Chris reeve Sebenza 31 knife and is brand new. It is never used or carried. The box and the certificate were accidently sold with the higher knife so I have a box and certificate of damascus blade which I will include with the knife. This knife is not Damascus blade but plain blade as shown in the picture. It is brand new and never used. Chris reeve authenticate for 10 dollars if you need to. It includes the cloth, glue, cream, wrench. A beautiful knife and is authentic 100%
Please ask all questions before buying the knife, I am usually prompt
No international buyer
No returns as the shipping is expensive
Thank you for looking”
Good catch. That one was tougher to find. I never even would've paid any attention to that listing. Box and certificate accidentally sold my ass. I was debating if this was pure ignorance or what but the fact that they're using an alt account so sell the donor tells me they know they're trying to cheese someone. What a racket. The potential for lockup issues is bad enough with all the blade swapping but who knows what else this bozo tinkered with. I really hope nobody buys these for what he's asking. The "plain" one's worth maybe $250 tops and maybe $400 for the damascus/CF with all the bastardizing but I still wouldn't pay that even if I was looking for a user.

When someone says “and is authentic 100%” it gets significantly “iffy” for me.

Good catch. That one was tougher to find. I never even would've paid any attention to that listing. Box and certificate accidentally sold my ass. I was debating if this was pure ignorance or what but the fact that they're using an alt account so sell the donor tells me they know they're trying to cheese someone. What a racket. The potential for lockup issues is bad enough with all the blade swapping but who knows what else this bozo tinkered with. I really hope nobody buys these for what he's asking. The "plain" one's worth maybe $250 tops and maybe $400 for the damascus/CF with all the bastardizing but I still wouldn't pay that even if I was looking for a user.
Yeah, wasn’t looking for it specifically but knew the donor carcass likely had to show up somewhere. What caught my eye was its listing as ‘new’ small 31 with buy it now price of $399…that was too suspect. When I saw the card/box and that ‘cream’ was included — well that left no doubt. The seller ID is different but with a similar theme. You’re right about the lockup…maybe he got lucky. I think he honestly tried to make the knife he wanted, but screwed it up. His shtick is too transparent for a genuine con job; the $2k Dr. Moreau won’t fly, but the $399 version just might.

I'm confused by some of the new CRK pricing. To be clear, I'm not complaining, I just don't follow. For example, I see a large 31 with micarta on one website for $750, while a large Inkosi on another website is $650. Weren't those items identically priced prior to the price hike?

I have noticed more lately that certain websites have been raising the prices of CRK’s past what is “normal”, just because they can.

Found another creepier listing on the bay for a large 31 — bizarre and from China . I was going to pm you but can’t. If you want send email to

Last edited:
I'm confused by some of the new CRK pricing. To be clear, I'm not complaining, I just don't follow. For example, I see a large 31 with micarta on one website for $750, while a large Inkosi on another website is $650. Weren't those items identically priced prior to the price hike?
Are you looking at crk authorized dealers? CRK maintains strict pricing control among their distributors. Certain upgrades like polished blades, double lugs, etc could account for differences.
Allan

Back