The Official Redmeadow Merry Christmas and Holiday thread

I didn't realize you were in Tehachapi. I drive through there generally twice a week. Went through today in fact.
I hope you had a great Independence day.
Yes sir we did. Worked in the shop most of the day. Got 40 knives profiled and drilled, getting em ready for heat treat. Then burnt some dogs. Hope you did too!

LQv7tTV.jpg

One nice thing about Canada is we get two Thanksgivings, ours and yours South of the border a few weeks later. Ours is this weekend, so we’ll be gorging ourselves on turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, etc.

Have a great weekend ya’ll!

One nice thing about Canada is we get two Thanksgivings, ours and yours South of the border a few weeks later. Ours is this weekend, so we’ll be gorging ourselves on turkey, stuffing, pumpkin pie, etc.

Have a great weekend ya’ll!

Can you explain how Canadian Thanksgiving can into being? History and traditions? Thanks for sharing.

Can you explain how Canadian Thanksgiving can into being? History and traditions? Thanks for sharing.

I assume it’s tied to the harvest season, which is a little earlier here due to weather and shorter growing cycle.

Other than the dates, I think the back story is pretty much the same. I could be wrong. I’m not too big on the history, just enjoy the food, family, friends, and taking some time to focus on gratitude.

Looked it up a little, just a time to give thanks for the past year and a good harvest, usually the second Monday in October.

As it's doubtful that I'll be on much over the next couple of days, I wanted to wish you all a preemptive "Happy Thanksgiving" and that your day and subsequent weekend are filled with good food, fine beverages, and loving families.

We are eschewing the traditional fare this Thanksgiving and doing something different (as we are wont to do on occasion). I'll be making a beef stew and other folks will be bringing fresh baked bread and some desserts. Should make for a relaxing and stress-free holiday (I hope).

I am thankful for John and all of you here who make BF a more positive place.

Same as Dylan, I'd also like to say Happy Thanksgiving to y'all! I might be on a bit in the next few days, but have the time now.

Will be smoking a small Turkey tomorrow. Will just be me, wifey, and 2 of the kids this year. Hopefully a bit relaxing. :)

As it's doubtful that I'll be on much over the next couple of days, I wanted to wish you all a preemptive "Happy Thanksgiving" and that your day and subsequent weekend are filled with good food, fine beverages, and loving families.

We are eschewing the traditional fare this Thanksgiving and doing something different (as we are wont to do on occasion). I'll be making a beef stew and other folks will be bringing fresh baked bread and some desserts. Should make for a relaxing and stress-free holiday (I hope).

I am thankful for John and all of you here who make BF a more positive place.
Some one has to make cornbread to go along with the stew. Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

Back