The SR-3V RatManDu Is Coming Friday May 26, 2023 At 9:00 PM Eastern!!!!!!!

Simple explanation: Busse charges $1 at pre-order checkout to ensure your card is valid. Because the wait time fluctuates, they wait to charge while prepping knives for orders. Approximately 10 days before planned shipping of your order, they charge the remainder of your total (total minus the $1) to the card you used to place the order. We refer to this as the "ding". Then you'll get a shipping notification email with tracking #. 👍
This makes sense for other purchases. The confusing part is if you don't pay the whole amount. The option was around $70 up front but they still did the $1 validation. When is the $70 portion? And the remainder I assume is the ding. Not that it's a big deal to me but I think that's what he was asking. I'm guessing if you look at your cc account you'll get the answer.

This makes sense for other purchases. The confusing part is if you don't pay the whole amount. The option was around $70 up front but they still did the $1 validation. When is the $70 portion? And the remainder I assume is the ding. Not that it's a big deal to me but I think that's what he was asking. I'm guessing if you look at your cc account you'll get the answer.
Ah, forgot about that, haven't ordered these yet.
If the $70 down option, you may see the $1 temp charge change to a $70 processed charge either over the weekend or Tuesday, if the CS dept does this manually. Closed Monday for holiday, most likely. Pretty sure that's what happened when I took this option for the Free Rein. 🤔

Ah, forgot about that, haven't ordered these yet.
If the $70 down option, you may see the $1 temp charge change to a $70 processed charge either over the weekend or Tuesday, if the CS dept does this manually. Closed Monday for holiday, most likely. Pretty sure that's what happened when I took this option for the Free Rein. 🤔
Now that makes sense. I just didn't want to assume and answer for the Swamp. Thanks for the info.

Now that makes sense. I just didn't want to assume and answer for the Swamp. Thanks for the info.
I just dug out my deets for the Free Rein-
9/26 Busse $1 charge
9/28 Busse $250 separate statement charge (partial pymt option).
Hard to tell being over 6mos ago, but I'm guessing the $1 charge through the site is a temp charge, & it rolls back to account after however much time the CC system releases them if not used for a purchase, i.e. card verification charge.

Think ordering with the “pay in full” option would get one the blade quicker?
Anytime I’ve ever ordered in the years, it’s always been the $1

Anytime I’ve ever ordered in the years, it’s always been the $1
I don't think it would.
The $1 charge withe the new Swamp charging model is just showing that the old automated model is still being run by the site. With my Galley Rat order I got charged the $1 on placing order, then the (I think it was $60) the next day and then the balance on 'order ready to ship'

Stonewashed with Orange & Black G10 scales and brown sheath. Wish I ordered red & black, but orange and black will be fine.

Big fan of 3V steel. I only have a couple of Busses, including a coated Mega Ratmandu. This will be a nice addition.

I "paid in full" for the Magnacut Galley Rat and I got the shipping notification right when they started with them. It couldn't hurt if you want the knife quicker.

Thank you VooDooWitchDoctor VooDooWitchDoctor 👍
It really looks FHFG in the pic though 😅
Order in, might have been a few more had they actually been full height ground, but, hey...still cool 🤙
"Utah! Get me 2." 😉😄👍👍
As much as a like the sliceiness of full height, I think a knife this size deserves the thicker backbone this has been give here.

Stonewashed with Orange & Black G10 scales and brown sheath. Wish I ordered red & black, but orange and black will be fine.

Big fan of 3V steel. I only have a couple of Busses, including a coated Mega Ratmandu. This will be a nice addition.
You should be able to call and ask them to change your handle choice no problem. I've done this several times in the past.

Do we know if these will fit sheaths made for the last iteration of this model ?
I snagged a coated one just because of this question. For the Ratmandu I’m pretty solid with a supply of INFI. But one in 3v can’t hurt lol

Do we know if these will fit sheaths made for the last iteration of this model ?
If the past history tells this sheath maker anything I would guess not.

I did order one and have about 6 different RMD's in house. so we will see.

The regular SR 101 saber ground RMD's have changed about 3 times over the years.

Early ones have thinner scales but thicker blades than the RMD's of the last 10 years

They were the same for the longest time then in 2020 the scales got more square near the ricasso.

Ask me how I know LOL.

We will see
Very excited about this release.
The rmd was my first knife that cost more than 30 bucks. And still one of my most used and favorite to carry. I used this release as an opportunity to order handle colors I don’t have.
Fun stuff

Back