The Sunday Picture Show (April 21st, 2024)

DeSotoSky

Gold Member
view

Hello and welcome to the Sunday Picture Show. Share your Buck knives with others by posting pictures of them here. New or old, plain or custom, user or safe queen, one or a collection, we love to see them all. This weekly tradition was started in 2010 by ItsTooEarly (Armand Hernandez) and Oregon (Steve Dunn). Help keep the tradition alive. Feel free to click that 'LIKE' but lets not let it replace discussing and complimenting each others knives. DeSotoSky (Roger Yost)

gSfdXVj.jpg

On this Date April 21, 1918 WWI Ace, the Red Baron is shot down.
Full name, Manfred Albrecht Freiherr von Richthofen (2 May 1892 – 21 April 1918) He was the top Ace of the war with 80 air combat victories. Canadian RAF pilot Arthur Brown is credited but there is controversy based on the angle of the wound that it may have come from anti-aircraft fire from the ground.

Lumber purchases from the local Pawn....the small piece of Walnut set me back $15 and the larger one about 10X more...
"The 55" was new in the 2005 catalog.
view

The Marlin 989M2 is the clip version. 99M1 is the tube feed. I see the tube feed more often but that is random.
110,000 M2's made '65 to '78 so there should be a few out there. I have both. The scope is a Ted Williams (Sears).

Last edited:
Buck 113 & 303 with a pre-64 M70. The M70 Featherweight came from the factory with a 30-06 SPRG barrel, I replaced it about 19 years ago with a Douglas Premium Air-gauge FW contour barrel in 270 WIN. As I had never rebarreled one I hired a gunsmith and rented two hours of shop time at a machine shop to install it. The gunsmith and the machinist taught me, coached me, and checked me as we went along - most interesting part was cutting the Mauser Extractor cut once the barrel was head-spaced for the new round. It’s one of my most accurate hunting rifles. The Buck Knives are pure stock! OH

Winchester-M70-FW-Buck-113-303-on-10-13-12.jpg

We were visiting our son in So. Ohio this week, and the 112 & its SAK helper went along.

Their house was full with both of their daughters & their husbands visiting too, so they put us up in this cabin in nearby Salt Fork State Park. The place was really nice. It had a well appointed kitchen & bathroom, queen size bed, gas fireplace, and a hot tub in the room facing the lake. And, the best part was that it was pet friendly, so we could take our spoiled black lab along.

It's good to be back home though. :)

Happy SPS to All the Buck Nuts,

Thank you Roger for hosting this weekly event, and Thanks to everyone who post's photos or adds to the conversation.

Here is a pair of 110s with interesting front bolsters

those are wonderful. bareheads, great longer front bolsters and the mosiac pins on the one. just really great.....

Back