Thinking about getting a Hudson Bay Camp knife

Haha........ Same.

*I Also think I NEED to design and make a Hudson. ;)

I've been working on a Hudson Bay sized design for a while. Finally making real progress. Hoping to have testing and design tidied up by the end of summer.

Contrary to my bush series knives, whichhave a handle shape like an HB, I went entirely new on this one though. Spent a lot of time swinging knives, chetes, parangs, small axes, and so on to get the handle figured out.

Attachments

• 20230510_031426.jpg
    20230510_031426.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20230510_031451.jpg
    20230510_031451.jpg
    441.4 KB · Views: 5
I've been working on a Hudson Bay sized design for a while. Finally making real progress. Hoping to have testing and design tidied up by the end of summer.

Contrary to my bush series knives, whichhave a handle shape like an HB, I went entirely new on this one though. Spent a lot of time swinging knives, chetes, parangs, small axes, and so on to get the handle figured out.
Interesting bulb on the end.
I've done something similar, on knives that I didn't feel the butt filled my hand right, but with silicone tape.

I think it's cool having a more permeant solution like you have.
and having a bulb, seems less likely to get "pinky bite" like some bird's beaks might....

Interesting bulb on the end.
I've done something similar, on knives that I didn't feel the butt filled my hand right, but with silicone tape.

I think it's cool having a more permeant solution like you have.
and having a bulb, seems less likely to get "pinky bite" like some bird's beaks might....

For sure, the birds beak styles and my pinky don't get along well. The butt is almost straight off a mora axe, but cut a little off and angle adjusted for a straighter blade.

For sure, the birds beak styles and my pinky don't get along well. The butt is almost straight off a mora axe, but cut a little off and angle adjusted for a straighter blade.
That's another thing I've always wanted to make someday..... Is an Axe handled knife. LT Wright, and other's here on BF have made some nice ones.

We got out Friday evening and picked a bag of mushrooms. I carried the thin stock JK Hudson Bay I got from bikerector bikerector because I didn't feel like carrying a machete even though I knew I needed one. I can't say enough about how well the knife did on branches finger-size and down.
Can we see some Pics of the HB in action? Or just glamour shots with a little patina would be good too!!

Back