Thistle - revisited - Exciting News!!

So here are my thoughts on the Thistle.

It is an incredible knife. I never got to handle the original one, but from what I know about it and have seen, this version has all the right changes to make the knife just absolutely over the top and perfect.

The handle is just dope. I can get a full purchase on it and it fills my hand perfect. Handle thickness is SUPERB. Couldn’t be any better. All the contouring is perfect and all in the perfect spots. And the Coco Carta just speaks for itself. I have always wanted a knife in this Coco Carta. The lanyard hole is in the perfect spot for this knife, and for a knife this size.

The grind and edge is legendary because the best in the business made it happen with Coleman’s thoughts. This knife is going to make a killer small field knife. Blade is 2.75” long, I’m forgetting total length. But it’s perfect all around. I am very happy Coleman chose not to add a sharpening choil. It really takes this knife over the top from a usefulness and looks. This version is acid washed with a Cruwear blade steel. The blade laser makers mark etches are my favorite part, they pop so darn good against the acid wash.

All in all. This little knife is just killer wicked cool. I couldn’t be more happy and absolutely honored. Thanks to Coleman Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery and Josh REK Knives REK Knives , love you brothers. Absolutely just awesome. I’m still speechless about this knife.

I haven’t taken it out of my pocket since I got it, and I’ve used it quite a bit already. I will try to get some wicked cool pictures of it tomorrow at the beach! View attachment 2498459View attachment 2498460View attachment 2498461

So here are my thoughts on the Thistle 2.0.

It is an incredible knife. I never got to handle the original one, but from what I know about it and have seen, this version has all the right changes to make the knife just absolutely over the top and perfect.

The handle is just dope. I can get a full purchase on it and it fills my hand perfect. Handle thickness is SUPERB. Couldn’t be any better. All the contouring is perfect and all in the perfect spots. And the Coco Carta just speaks for itself. I have always wanted a knife in this Coco Carta. The lanyard hole is in the perfect spot for this knife, and for a knife this size.

The grind and edge is legendary because the best in the business made it happen with Coleman’s thoughts. This knife is going to make a killer small field knife. Blade is 2.75” long, I’m forgetting total length. But it’s perfect all around. I am very happy Coleman chose not to add a sharpening choil. It really takes this knife over the top from a usefulness and looks. This version is acid washed with a Cruwear blade steel. The blade laser makers mark etches are my favorite part, they pop so darn good against the acid wash.

All in all. This little knife is just killer wicked cool. I couldn’t be more happy and absolutely honored. Thanks to Coleman Sharp & Fiery Sharp & Fiery and Josh REK Knives REK Knives , love you brothers. Absolutely just awesome. I’m still speechless about this knife.

I haven’t taken it out of my pocket since I got it, and I’ve used it quite a bit already. I will try to get some wicked cool pictures of it tomorrow at the beach! View attachment 2498459View attachment 2498460View attachment 2498461
This is my new favorite. Thanks for the review! 😁

Well…my “tomorrow” is definitely different than everyone else’s tomorrow. Haha. Sorry for the wait.

The specs for the custom proto Thistles (go big or go home, right?!)

CEF892FB-8095-41B5-8776-E8D6B6D1A3BF.jpeg

Left to right…

Damasteel Damacore high polished 2.75” blade with swedge.
Overall length of 6.5”
Pure white micarta sculpted and high polished scales.
Blackened brass flare tubes.
Blackened brass lanyard tube.

Cruwear acid wash 2.75” blade with swedge.
Overall length of 6.5”
Coconut Husk sculpted micarta scales.
Blackened brass flare tubes.
Blackened brass lanyard tube.

Vanax satin finished 2.75” blade with swedge.
Overall length 6.5”
High polish wood/resin scales with honeycomb.
Scale hardware is SS tubes with CF tubes inside.

Here is a photo of the first proto compared to this second edition.

DA5AE976-E44E-4241-AB35-51114A21103C.jpeg

Thank you all for following along. More info to follow.

What’s your thoughts after a few days now Coleman? You already know mine. 😍👊🏼
Still speechless that this actually came to fruition. I haven’t carried mine much yet, as I need to design a sheath for it…but I have other leather orders in front of them. 😬🤣😂
Yes, in addition to what M Murphjd25 asked, how do your family members like them?
So out of the first 6 protos made in 2020, two went to family members, one went to a passaround and ended up with a home, one was purchased by another member here, one is my test piece and the sixth one is still waiting on scales. 😱

The two family members that received the first Thistle prototypes are both avid hunters (fowl and four legged). They love them…but I think that they may be biased. Haha. Feedback was a touch more length in the handle to accomodate four fingers.

While this knife I find comfortable in reg grip, it was designed to have the spine in your palm with blade edge up for field dressing large game, but a small enough blade to also excel at dressing fowl as well.

Back