Tom Mayo custom.. seventh knife in the Simonich Auction

ida

Tom Mayo fixed Blade
Inspired by Rob Simonich

Made of Koa wood and 440v
Oal 8 inches
Blade 3.5 inches.

It has Rob’s Indian name stamped on the blade 4 stars with a bear in the middle.
Opening bid starts at $500.00.. good luck to all !!!

Photo Courtesy of Terril Hoffman

index_image003.jpg

No dinero, but this is just cool! Very cool knife Mr. Mayo, if only I had the extra jack.

rgc

Got an email from a gentleman who can not get on to Bladeforums.. His name is Dan Clark and he would like to bid 1000.00!!!

This is awesome.. :D

That is the nicest knife I've ever seen made by Tom Mayo, and the man has made some nice knives. That thing just sings to me.

ida 2thehilt said:
Got an email from a gentleman who can not get on to Bladeforums.. His name is Dan Clark and he would like to bid 1000.00!!!

This is awesome.. :D

:)
That's awesome indeed. I was waiting to see this piece to go up. I have to ask if anyone knows the fine gentleman, Dan Clark? Is Dan on any other forums? How did he become aware of this wonderful auction? Upbeat news such as this is hard to miss one's attention.

EDIT: Also, how about a word from Mayo on this work. Some words of encouragement perhaps. Is this to be a one of a kind piece, or what information may you share about it that pertains to the status of the design being one of a kind? I'm quite impressed.

I came up with this design a couple of years ago, and with the look of the hole and the hawk blade I made sure to ask Rob if it was ok, as I thought I must have gotten the idea for it from looking at his neck knives.......

This is the second one ever, first had a carbon fiber handle and went to the number one TNT collector from Tennessee at the Vegas classic two years ago.

I have a few more like this templated out, but my TNT orders are so overdue that I feel guilty making anything else............

I made this one when requested for the auction, because it reminds me of Rob and his neck knives.......I have one of his hanging on my light switch in my shop.
As Ida stated, it has the four star bear logo on the other side with a 440V stamp.

The only thing that reminds me more of him is my Kimber!!!! :p :D :p

and maybe a Guinness!!!! :eek:

$1,300.00
Thank you for your reply post, Mr. Mayo. Mr. Hossum made me laugh pretty good today when I asked him a question about knife making. With the good character shared between the two of you, I must forge ahead and risk beating out the good if not mysterious Dan Clark. lol

Much thanks again to you, Ida!! Fortunate and honored am I to be a part of the genuine and meaningful efforts you all have put forth.

Oh my God!!! that is awesome thinkpad...

p.s Tom Mayo knows Dan Clark too :D you have given him a run for his money.. :cool:

I have one of Robs hawk knives that is very similar to the one Tom made. Funny thing about the knife I have, Rob donated it to an auction to help out another friend in need. Now we are getting a chance to repay his kindness.

Thanks again Tom for your Gift and thanks to all of you that are bidding on these knives.

I can't post pictures anymore but if someone wants to post it for me I will e-mail them the picture and they can put it up so everyone can see the comparison.

Phil

For me, there could be no better timing or greater interest in seeing the hawk you just brought up.

DXC You are the winner of the Mayo Custom!!! Congratualtions.. Please email me with you billing and shipping information.. Thanks to all who bidded.

thinkpad said:
Sniped
Congrats Ida!
You were not Sniped, I bid $1000 on this knife earlier in the auction. The auction began at 11;04pm and ran for 72 hrs, as you can see my bid came in at 10:59pm giving you 5 minutes to respond which is more than fair. If I had sniped it my bid would have come in at 11:03pm and I would not have participated in the auction before that point. If you had clicked onto the email address in my profile you would have known that I was the Mysterious Dan Clark. ;) The email address in your profile is hidden so you are the Mysterious one. :D

Just wanted to clear up the finer points of a "Snipe". I am sure Christine and Megan will not mind. ;)

Thanks Tom and all of the knifemakers that donated knives for these auctions and to Ida for her hard work! :)

I'm sure Rob is both proud and impressed by the wares his great friends all have donated on behalf of Christine and Megan.

All the best to all!

--Bob

DXC, GREAT KNIFE!!!! Congrats Mister!!!! I was only teasing the air, good buddy! I know what a snipe is, you know that by now. :yawn:

MERRY CHRISTMAS ALL!

bald1 said:
I'm sure Rob is both proud and impressed by the wares his great friends all have donated on behalf of Christine and Megan.

All the best to all!

--Bob
Amen, brother. Talk about hitting square on the head. Your post makes me proud bald1! This year just keeps getting better.

a very cool gesture going on here! Merry Christmas to ALL.

Back