Too many attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
course your call, but I say stay. lots of great folks here. sites been good to ya for a long time. sure unlimited pictures and attachments was awesome for a while. thats over, but so be it. that wasn't the reason to be here to begin with.

in the end though ya do what's best for ya......

The Paypal issue was another thing. I'd been meaning to thin the collection for a while but had mostly been dragging my feet. I had been using Paypal FF privately here and elsewhere due to not wanting to fill out extra tax forms for something that shouldn't be taxed in the first place. I realize that's not necessarily a BF problem, the same issue is turning a lot of people away from eBay, and there is an element of risk. Like a lot of other long-time PayPal users though, the move to FF among known regulars here or elsewhere has been smooth sailing for me since the changes were first announced. I may look into Zelle or other methods.

There are some other things but it's not worth getting into them here. So in the meantime, in case you missed my smoke shots, I'll demonstrate the effective use of Imgur. 😜

One thing I've noticed in the EDC thread is that not everyone has gotten the hang of copying the correct code, which is "BBCode (Forums)" under "Share Options". That will correctly display the picture here. Otherwise, my browser will often display an empty Imgur box and I'll have to click to open a member's image in a new tab. That kind of stuff feeds a major category of complaint I've seen over this issue: overcomplication or lack of smoothness.

BTW, does anyone notice a lag with this image loading?

UKmNvAF.jpeg

The Paypal issue was another thing. I'd been meaning to thin the collection for a while but had mostly been dragging my feet. I had been using Paypal FF privately here and elsewhere due to not wanting to fill out extra tax forms for something that shouldn't be taxed in the first place. I realize that's not necessarily a BF problem, the same issue is turning a lot of people away from eBay, and there is an element of risk. Like a lot of other long-time PayPal users though, the move to FF among known regulars here or elsewhere has been smooth sailing for me since the changes were first announced. I may look into Zelle or other methods.

There are some other things but it's not worth getting into them here. So in the meantime, in case you missed my smoke shots, I'll demonstrate the effective use of Imgur. 😜

One thing I've noticed in the EDC thread is that not everyone has gotten the hang of copying the correct code, which is "BBCode (Forums)" under "Share Options". That will correctly display the picture here. Otherwise, my browser will often display an empty Imgur box and I'll have to click to open a member's image in a new tab. That kind of stuff feeds a major category of complaint I've seen over this issue: overcomplication or lack of smoothness.

BTW, does anyone notice a lag with this image loading?

UKmNvAF.jpeg
no lag on my end but I have super fast internet at home. on 5g network while not at this house..I dont notice a lot of lag on pics on posts.

so what's the bottom line? I guess I was oblivious to going over the attachment limit. I have 11 pages of them. But do I really have to delete them one at a time? I think I'd rather just post on Facebook instead. Hmmm.

so what's the bottom line? I guess I was oblivious to going over the attachment limit. I have 11 pages of them. But do I really have to delete them one at a time? I think I'd rather just post on Facebook instead. Hmmm.
1 at a time for now, but I wouldn't think you could be that far over the limits. I had 20 pages and was still just under. I reduced some of my exchange photos and am well under at 14 pages. It didn't take that long.
Now at 100 pages that would be a chore.

I am waiting for someone to demand payment by BF/sparks, for using their photographs in the site / content creation . :)

I am waiting for someone to demand payment by BF/sparks, for using their photographs in the site / content creation . :)
Given some of the responses I’ve seen here, nothing would surprise me. Luckily for Spark/BF, that’s covered in the terms of service… just it case anyone thinks what’s a hot idea.
You are granting us with a non-exclusive, permanent, irrevocable, unlimited license to use, publish, or re-publish your Content in connection with the Service. You retain copyright over the Content.

Given some of the responses I’ve seen here, nothing would surprise me. Luckily for Spark/BF, that’s covered in the terms of service… just it case anyone thinks what’s a hot idea.
thanks for the heads up. looks like ill have to delete all my content before my subscription expires tomorrow.

Well… bye.
Why the snarkiness? I'm pointing out that I'll post my photos on Facebook, if people want to see them. I am an avid Buck knife collector. Luckily, it looks like you are not or at least I haven't had to be exposed to your rudeness in the Buck forums.

Why the snarkiness? I'm pointing out that I'll post my photos on Facebook, if people want to see them. I am an avid Buck knife collector. Luckily, it looks like you are not or at least I haven't had to be exposed to your rudeness in the Buck forums.
I think he interpreted your comment as "snark".

I only say this because it seemed to me, in my reading, that you were saying that you'd prefer to post on facebook. Not simply post your images there.

I didn't reply because you are free to do as you wish, but I must say I got the same impression he did. (Which appeared, on its face to be somewhat rude and unnecessary.) So you can see how these misunderstandings arise.

Dan just likes to pull pig pigtails.....

he just read it as snark is all. easy mistake. hes actually a nice fella even though he's from hartford.......

okay I'm done now with bad inside jokes......

Explains A LOT. I bet he even cheers for the whale...
Weird that you'd reference the period from 2010-2013 when the AHL Wolf Pack was known as The Whale.
That's the most specific, random piece of Connecticut knowledge I've seen out of a rando.

I'm glad you said that before you self-disabled.

Weird that you'd reference the period from 2010-2013 when the AHL Wolf Pack was known as The Whale.
That's the most specific, random piece of Connecticut knowledge I've seen out of a rando.

I'm glad you said that before you self-disabled.
Benny's just joking back with me. think he's a New Englander himself....I'll let him elaborate if he wants to.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back