Photos Tue Blade Tuesday

Some carry an EDC, I like to carry this EPC

Ths3xvQ.jpg

- Easy Pocket Congress

Originally bought a 77OT just to fill in the blank in a small Schrade collection.
After a while, those tue blades alike became one blade I really liked... so I bought another.
Now I have tue 77s and figure it this way. 🤔
No matter how many blades a knife has, 95%+ of the time, I use only the main blade.
Therefore, this Muskrat suits me well more than 95% of the time. :)
Not perfect but good enough.

iL8akgG.jpg

Have a terrific Tuesday.

Originally bought a 77OT just to fill in the blank in a small Schrade collection.
After a while, those tue blades alike became one blade I really liked... so I bought another.
Now I have tue 77s and figure it this way. 🤔
No matter how many blades a knife has, 95%+ of the time, I use only the main blade.
Therefore, this Muskrat suits me well more than 95% of the time. :)
Not perfect but good enough.

iL8akgG.jpg

Have a terrific Tuesday.
Your photo really captures the work-a-day qualities of an 70's/80's working man's pocketknife. Form and function nicely blended. OH

Never owned many Queen pocketknives but this one checks a lot of my boxes; has my two preferred blades, at 4" it's Texas Jack sized but the rounded bolsters and low frame height make it quite pocket friendly. An additional bonus is the Kentucky Bicentennial shield from 1974. I've never been a Kentuckian, but am proud of my time at Fort Knox back in 1973 for BCT/AIT. Just a good knife for me to own. Pull and snap on this one is 7 - 8, a bit high but still workable, thus useful. OH
Queen_Kentucy_Bicentennial_Texas_Jack_Knife__1774-1974_(1).jpg

knot part of my carry this week.
Four USA "Classics"(?)
1916 to 1928* CHALLENGE CUTLERY (Bridgeport, Conn.)
Equipped with stainless steel blades (I don't know which stainless, though) which help narrow the date range.
*Challenge first offered stainless blades starting in 1916. The company owner passed in 1928. The company folded immediately after his passing.

1922 to 1939 ROBESON 622110 Large Jack Knife.

c.1930's to 1945 (Late no date 4 line tang stamp. There was a pre-1922 4 line tang stamp with the year made.) Camillus 33 Easy Open Jack Knife.
Starting in 1946 Camillus went to a 3 line tang stamp.

The Camillus 33 EO was one of two USN and USCG WW2 issue knives. (the second had a Marlin Spike.)
So far as I know, there is no way to tell if any particular 33 EO of the period was an issue knife.

1950's to 1960's(?) ULSTER Number 10 Barlow.
Not one of the RJR Tobacco "Ulster Old Timer" knives.

IMG_20240514_080618.jpg
I've carried (and used) all but the Challenge.
The Challenge is a single backspring, which unfortunately has severe pitting over its entire length. 🥺
I'm afraid the backspring will break if I return the knife to even limited service.

I luv the old time jigging on the Challenge, Robeson, and Camillus.
Most "modern" jigging is soooo symetrical - such evenly spaced rows and columns ... (IMHO) it is ... boring ... tho it does help give a good grip if/when the knife is wet.

Last edited:
Back