Review TwoSun TS-182 D2 Flipper ..

old4570

Banned By Request
TS182.jpg

Prologue !

One auction buy : TwoSun TS-182 D2 knife ..
Blade steel D2 - It's hard , really hard . My 65HRC file skates over the blade like roller skates over a hard floor . ( Can I say that ? )
Factory edge was so bad - the knife would not slice paper .. So I had to do a 80 grit re grind at factory bevel angle .

What I don't like !
A) The liner lock is poorly done and the knife does not really lock open ! ( Yeah ! )
B) That lump on the spine ? Just in the right place to be a hotspot and irritate the hell out of you .....

Sharp ? The edge was not great . maybe not even good ?
Too thick behind the edge ? Too Hard ? Just felt a little NQR ..
I did grind it properly , but at over 65HRC ? What's it going to take ? ( I need more rope )
The result was a 450 Fail .. Or what I consider a rather "A" typical D2 result .. ( Or what I expect from D2 )

Generally the knife is comfortable , except for that lump on the spine of the blade .. Action is ok , not great , not terrible ..
Except of course for the lock up - That will need fixing .
I have wanted a Uber Hard D2 blade to play with - So now I have one ! ( Just need lots more rope I can cut up and throw away ) .

Video Shortly : ( Weather is horrible at the moment ( ATM ) so some paper slicing needed to be done indoors ) ..

Last edited:
Ok ................. Update !

Liner locking issue fixed ...
I bent or put a bow in the liner lock so as to dimensionally shorten it ..
This allows for more blade engagement or fixes the issue !
I put the knife to the guided knife sharpener at the same edge angle ..

The blade may have been a bit hard for the 80 grit wheel ( wet stone grinder - knife sharpener ) .
But it did clean up the edge ..
So hopefully the guided edge will be FUBAR-Less ..
I went to 320 Grit Diamond .. ANd it slices paper very smoothly and takes hair off my arm with ease .
Was going to go 600 Grit Diamond , but the 320 sliced paper so smoothly - I just had to wonder if there was any point ?
I need to procure more rope .. Unfortunately we are currently in a rope famine .. What rope there is , is going at SCALPER rates !
So unfortunately ... There are other knives ( new ) , to put to the rope !
I may have to change the type of rope , maybe change to some hybrid Nylon ? ( Might be harder / tougher to cut - hopefully )
Is it RAMPANT inflation ? ( Hmmm , the Lucky Country they said )

Back