US Made Leather Wallet

Saddleback Leather has begun making their leather goods in Texas now. Mostly the smaller stuff such as the ID wallet, card sleeve, passport sleeve, etc...Their bigger items such as bags and such are still being made in Mexico.

I need to find me a tuff one, seems like all I get is 5 to 6 yrs. tops out of one.

I gave up on wallets and carry a TI card holder and a sterling silver money clip. Both made in USA and glad to be rid of that lump in my back pocket.

Orvis, Filson and Duluth pack all make fine USA made wallets

I currently use a duluth pack one in bison

Head over to bestleather site, which has quiet a few reviews on wallets (among other leather goods). I personally prefer Saddleback, and their new RFID blocking wallets are awesome (especially in the Silicon Valley, where everything is hi-tech, including thieves!).

A few other makers that interest me and make fantastic leather goods are:
* J. Michael of Ashland, OR
* Mr. Lentz (most goods are made from a single piece of leather, folded and riveted. Several unique designs, and slim profiles on the wallets). I own the slim bifold, and it has held up very well.
* Turek Leather Works
* Thirteen50 Leather
* American Benchcraft has riveted wallets (no thread, similar to Mr. Lentz)
* Marlondo Leather (similar to Saddleback, but more supple full grain)

I have spent a lot of time online, searching for the "perfect wallet", and hopefully the following list helps you make a decision. Good luck, and let us know which one you finally opt for! :)

Just looked at the SBL leather description for the Front Pocket Wallet-there is no mention of RFID shielding. I take public transportation daily and a
scanner can be built for less than 40 bucks; just can't take the chance.

Correct - the front pocket wallets are not shielded. The backpocket ones are (small, medium bifold, trifold, passport wallets, etc.)

Head over to bestleather site, which has quiet a few reviews on wallets (among other leather goods). I personally prefer Saddleback, and their new RFID blocking wallets are awesome (especially in the Silicon Valley, where everything is hi-tech, including thieves!).

A few other makers that interest me and make fantastic leather goods are:
* J. Michael of Ashland, OR
* Mr. Lentz (most goods are made from a single piece of leather, folded and riveted. Several unique designs, and slim profiles on the wallets). I own the slim bifold, and it has held up very well.
* Turek Leather Works
* Thirteen50 Leather
* American Benchcraft has riveted wallets (no thread, similar to Mr. Lentz)
* Marlondo Leather (similar to Saddleback, but more supple full grain)

I have spent a lot of time online, searching for the "perfect wallet", and hopefully the following list helps you make a decision. Good luck, and let us know which one you finally opt for! :)

Thanks bud, I went through all the sites, I'm a tri fold man, and the Duluth Pack in Bison just called my name..:D

I've been using this one one that holds a field notes book for awhile, I love it. small business as well. I use my Field Notes daily so its super handy.

Link to non-supporting vendor removed by staff
****Sorry, that was my mistake***

Last edited:
Back