Vintage old Ka Bar

cut it out

Gold Member
So I have a friend in his 60’s and he has a knife that was his late dads and maybe even his grandpas. He asked me to clean it up and resharpen it which I was very excited to do for him. Anyways another knife guy told him these were made between 1912-1923 with this handle. Just curious if anyone has any info to add or to correct the dates. The sheath is falling apart and so he will get a new one made once I’m done he said with it. The hilt is rock solid still and overall a great knife. Reminds me of my GEC H-40’s I have 2A974C0D-ABD0-46A2-B23F-77102D6B1751.jpegC76A21DC-5ABE-4E78-AC3D-3101B1DE8ED7.jpeg

Also if anyone has pics of there knife I would appreciate it to show him as well. He is a avid hunter and will use it once I give it back. His family are old farmers and big hunters of all game so will be cool to see it back in action in his family.

No knife marked KA-BAR was made before 1923, that's when the KA-BAR brand began. KA-BAR hunting knives had Union Cut Co on the back of the blades from 1923 to around 1940 when they stopped marking the back side of the blade. Knife shown is a model 337-5, might have that marked on the front of the guard. It appears to have jigged wood handles to imitate jigged bone.

Back