• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Watch out for these emails

DrRollinstein

Basic Member
Recently commented on a buy thread from brandonh328 about a ZT for sale, and the next morning i received an email saying this,

"Hello there,

Thanks, it is yours. I'll do $140 shipped. PayPal info is; driver.sanchez14@gmail.com

Send via friends and family only/no notes. Also, shipping information.

I'll be able to ship today.

Thank you"

Obviously the fact that it said Friends and family, whilst Brandon's thread clearly stated Goods and services, set off the alarm bells. It was also sent from another email, johnson68786@gmail.com, which along with the first email clearly didnt have anything to do with the name brandonh328. I've already contacted Brandon about this here on bladeforums to let him know about it.

tldr; someone is watching sales threads and sending emails to people who post, trying to scam them. Be vigilante.

Yes. The staff has been trying to warn everyone for months. People need to stop posting their email address in public areas.

I literally just got ripped off to the time of $230 because I wasn't paying attention.

One of my recent transactions also got scammed by this guy, same from email of johnson68786, but a different Paypal "alias", and a third (different) name which showed up on the paypal transaction.

The initial email had the "from" name spoofed to my username here, but the reply-to email was johnson68786

Guys, if you're going to out the ne'er-do-wells...perhaps post their names, PayPal addresses and emails in BOLD so that they are easier to spot for those who may not read every line of every post.

I'm sure the sack of shit is lurking and getting a kick out of reading posts like this.

The guy keeps pretty busy(or maybe several people acting as one, who knows). A quick internet search turned up several other forums with classified sections where he pulls the same shit.

ALL MEMBERS: DO NOT POST YOUR PHONE NUMBERS OR EMAILS IN POSTS OR PROFILES!!!! YOU FORGET AND THE SCAMMERS FIND IT AND USE IT. ALSO IF YOU PM A SELLER DO NOT ANSWER A RANDOM TEXT OR EMAIL. KEEP ALL CORRESPONDENCE ON THE SITE AND DON'T POST "I'LL TAKE IT" IN A FOR SALE POST.

Also, not sure what good this will do, but here's their info. Appears to be the same info that they used to scam folks a few weeks ago on another forum. Would be great if they were stupid enough to use their real name.

Scammer claimed name:
Benjamin Sanchez

Scammer claimed PayPal account: driver.sanchez14@gmail.com

Scammer's phone he texted from:
315-690-8896

Can't we gather up all the potential scammers in one STICKY thread? This way people could do a quick scan for phone number or email.

If someone is falsely accused, then it should be really easy to sort out.

Can't we gather up all the potential scammers in one STICKY thread? This way people could do a quick scan for phone number or email.

Feel free.

Also, not sure what good this will do, but here's their info. Appears to be the same info that they used to scam folks a few weeks ago on another forum. Would be great if they were stupid enough to use their real name.

Scammer claimed name:
Benjamin Sanchez

Scammer claimed PayPal account: driver.sanchez14@gmail.com

Scammer's phone he texted from:
315-690-8896
Looking up this phone number it looks like this scumbag is on other forums scamming people as well.

He got someone on Snipers Hide.

Of course, I hope no one does that quick scan, and thinks the stranger emailing him is legit just because he's not on the scammer list.

Back