Welcome! Questions, ideas...post them here.

So... Would you want to try your hand at custom fitting a lockbar and blade on a Delica Wharncliffe? It might not be possible to get a safe lockup, but if someone can do it, I figure you're the guy to talk to, lol.

Worst comes to worst, I can have a custom lockbar made using the original lockbar (that is on my titanium/damasteel delica) as a template... So maybe file the lockbar, rather than the blade locking mechanism? Idk. Whatcha think?

QUSXrRH.jpg
That's a tricky one...have you compared the two lockbars yet?

Yea, I thought it might be, lol. The best option might be to send the original lock at to Dylan and have him CNC me another one.

I haven’t compared the two lock bars just yet…. But I need to pull the Damasteel Delica apart here soon so I can debur the liners though. I’ll try to do that in the next couple of days and get some comparison shots up.

Chip, have you ever worked on a watch case? I'm looking at a watch I really like, but the case is polished and I'd like it more if it were bead blasted. Ever taken a watch apart?

Chip, have you ever worked on a watch case? I'm looking at a watch I really like, but the case is polished and I'd like it more if it were bead blasted. Ever taken a watch apart?
I have, only for personal stuff. What watch and movement?

Serica 4512.
We might be able to figure something out, probably easier to discuss over a quick phone call...drop me an email with your number and a good time to call (chippedmetal at gmail)👍

Will do... Gotta get the watch first. Just wanted to know if I'm willing to, are you willing to put your mark on a watch.

After looking at some of your work, I'm undecided about what would look cool on the Scarab 2 shadow I'm planning to send you. I want something done to replace the grip tape. As we discussed I was thinking about titanium inserts with a splash pattern, but your patterns are insanely cool. Or would you be able to a pattern and/or anodize the aluminum that is underneath the grip tape? I'd prefer not to have any "inserts". Please post more photos incorporating tritium vials too! I know I want tritium near the base and perhaps one recessed into the switch if a vial could be placed there. Would the coating on the non-Shadow version be easier to strip/work with? I just started looking for a host after our discussion. Thanks again

Well, Hell Chip... I think this might actually be possible. And by the looks of it, maybe not all that tricky.

Here's a shot of the lockbar that needs to be modified underneath of the lockbar that it needs to match. I used a sleeve from the Delica to ensure they were lined up perfectly. By the looks of it, it looks like the modified lockbar just needs a tiny bit of material removed. Maybe I should just bust out the dremel, or 1" belt sander...?
hjkQQ1p.jpg

Here's a shot of the lockbar that needs to be modified on top of the lockbar that it needs to match. As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem like there are any areas where the old lockbar needs material added (if that makes sense).
NPbBpo8.jpg

Here's a short clip with the lockbar to be modified on the bottom so you can see it from different angles.

And a short clip with the lockbar to be modified on the top.

Last edited:
Alright, I sprayed some layout dye on the backlock that needs to be modified, and then placed the other backlock on top of it, and then used a needle to scratch out the area that needs to be removed. Should be a little easier to see. Maybe.

Carbide file guides and hand filing is probably the way to go, but those suckers are expensive!
LZrVnMe.jpg

Last edited:
Mission accomplished. Lockup is nice and tight and even passes the "spine whack test". I went ahead and dipped the backspacer into some brass and bronze aging solution for a second time, so that it matches the hardware better too. :D

To celebrate, I went ahead and ordered the KnifeJoy exclusive M390 Delica Wharncliffe to add to the collection, lol.

lM0lKug.jpg

DZ2sNwY.jpg

Last edited:
WValtakis WValtakis I am thinking of picking up a BM 9400. I don’t really like the green scales. What are your thoughts on engraving/enameling them?

WValtakis WValtakis I am thinking of picking up a BM 9400. I don’t really like the green scales. What are your thoughts on engraving/enameling them?
Those are aluminum, right? Are you talking about stripping them and then engraving?

Any chance you do Cerakote removal? I stupidly went through a phase where I had a Titanium framelock coated and would rather have it back to the titanium layer and have you do something nice with it.

Wouldn't be the blade, just the framelock.

Any chance you do Cerakote removal? I stupidly went through a phase where I had a Titanium framelock coated and would rather have it back to the titanium layer and have you do something nice with it.

Wouldn't be the blade, just the framelock.
I don't think there's a solvent that will strip it...it would probably have to be sanded or blasted off🤔

I think it has to be blasted. I didn't know if you had a blasting cabinet and media.
I do, send me an email and we can probably figure something out... chippedmetal at gmail👍

Back