Whacha Been Up To......

I remebered the perfect watch straps. After ya'd posted that sometime ago I did some googling on that story of the Russian leather. Very interesting @paneraica

Barklee and Benson got new collars and leashes:

3i3i1ZD.jpg

nCbfCep.jpg

xmptGGB.jpg

9si5dOF.jpg

I just rediscovered the leather for a couple pocket slips that had been cut out, and just sitting on a shelf for months. Since my boy and I have been anxiously awaiting this year's forum knives, I thought now would be a good time to finish them up. I actually used them to cut a couple more, just for fun. But, it didn't even phase me until I was knee deep, that they were smaller than usual (and probably why they were sitting unfinished). Better suited for Peanut sizes, and a Barlow for the larger one.

So, now get to start over for our soon to be Elkish Bucks. Probably should measure this time. :D

rkn51d.jpg

4vjukh.jpg

2u8wle8.jpg

First ever Loop Holster:

nw8ShN9.jpg

vK6ntaC.jpg

And with a bowie I just finished up. Different customers but they looked like they went together.

F7SPcgX.jpg

Saddle Horn Possible Bags. Prizes for a Junior Rodeo event:

xslNpv1.jpg

ngZ3hVk.jpg

Velcro closure under the makers mark and on the back a tab to tie em down with your saddle strings.

CTpUpOh.jpg

GKXLf0z.jpg

What ya been up too?

This was on my bench this weekend: first attempt at a cleaver sheath. Had a little miscalculation in the fit, hence the stitches I had to take out and the unfinished product. Which means this will be back on my bench next weekend, re-done in a slightly roomier version. Also did a few production type sheaths, so all was not lost.
workbench2.jpg workbench3.jpg workbench.jpg

I've never done one for a cleaver either Amy. Ya only get to work on the weekends?

Yeah Dave, unfortunately (or fortunately, depending on how you look at) my day job seems to get in the way.

Dang it Amy. Maybe some day this'll be your day job!

W WEB2 Nope it's a .22 K frame. Serial # puts it at 1948 manufacture. Interesting cause its 5.25" bbl. The stag on those grips is incredible.

I made a three finger EDC like my avatar for myself again and just finished the sheath.
(<-- like this one)
It's a discrete front pocket sheath out of 1,25~1,5mm wet sewn and wet formed leather.
You can pull the knife out and the sheath stays put, but it will hold it if held up side down.
(it won't hold if you do flips on a trampoline, but it's fine for every day use)

It feels good to carry a self made knife again!

IMG_20181003_111542.jpg

IMG_20181003_111442.jpg

IMG_20181003_111613.jpg

IMG_20181003_111331.jpg

Very cool. I like the knife and the sheath. Just finished a batch of knives and am working on another right now of 46. Got our big show of the year coming up in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for posting!

[QUOTE="Don @paneraica didn't ya have some of that Russian leather from off of Cornwall a few years back? I think I was remembering some straps ya posted with that.

Not much left. Was selling off 4 x 6" sections for other makers to use as I still had stock of straps and sold close to 13 sq. ft. of it

Middle strap in my post was made from it

Can't get anymore and not sure if anymore is being brought up as whats left is in a dangerous part of the ship

Good memory

DON[/QUOTE]

Don, do you have a web site for your straps? I need a replacement for my Oris.

Here's a sheath I made not to long ago for one of my new knives.

IMG_3359.JPG

Then I finished my fisrt wallet yesterday pockets were just a lil to tight so going to add 1/8" and try again. The pictures are after a coat of neatsfoot oil.
IMG_3963.JPG IMG_3964.JPG

Very cool! Thanks for posting. On the wallet try oiling your parts before assembly. That will cut down on oil rings around the tops of the pockets maybe. Nice design on the wallet.

Back