What box would hurt more landing on your head?

David Mary

pass the mustard - after you cut it
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
One with 100 pounds of metal inside or 100 pounds of feathers?

Anyone else?

What's even funnier to think about is that 100 pound of steel will fall at the exact rate as (1) feather in a vaccum.

I belive about 9.8 meters per second sq

What's even funnier to think about is that 100 pound of steel will fall at the exact rate as (1) feather in a vacuum. they hit the ground at the same time.

I belive about 9.8 meters per second sq

Nobody believes this.....

similarly ..... A bullet shot out of a gun, and one dropped from the same height, will hit the ground at the same time.

Without more data, I bet the metal would hurt more.

David, are you about to share a horrifying anecdote that definitively answers the question?

David, are you about to share a horrifying anecdote that definitively answers the question?

Just a fun question. There's still another question I would have expected someone to ask in order to get to the bottom of it...

Not an actual event. But there is a key piece of information to the hypothetical scenario which is required to know the answer.

Just a fun question. There's still another question I would have expected someone to ask in order to get to the bottom of it...
Is it the box of feathers because you'd deal with: (1) the physical pain from the box; and (2) the emotional pain of knowing what had to be done to so many geese/ducks to procure 100 pounds of frathers?

Since both boxes weigh the same:

Are both scenarios the same but only the contents of the box change?

How high is the box originally departing from?

Is it a controlled decent?

Are you expecting the box?

Does said box have nails sticking out of it?

Did you stretch that morning?

Are you wearing a hard hat?

Is the sun in your eyes?

Are you standing on a slippery slope?

....um we can start with those

Does the box open, spilling the contents on the head? Or does the full box land on the head?

Of course we could go the other way with this and ask about the "box hurting" from landing on your head.... So if your head was inflicting pain on the box we have a whole lot more questions to ask.

Well sure if you attach wires to a feather and hammer you can drop them at the same time. Didn't you know the landing were faked šŸ¤£

Back