What Buck are you carrying today?

I just got back from spending a week in Wyoming. I seriously struggled with my choice for EDC being so far from home. We were planning on a number of days in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Not knowing what we would run into, I carried and used these almost every day. They were a good choice for the trip.

FPu0Bok.jpeg

It has been my custom for years to buy a knife on the trip to commemorate the journey - normally it's a new knife. This year we were in an antique shop in Sheridan and I came across an old 110 in a sheath in one of the display cases. It had some great color variation in one side. As far as I can tell, it's a V5V3 - which as far as I know dates it to '72-'74. It was carried some but maintained well. A few tiny dings in the bolsters and some evidence of being sharpened. I knew it would clean up. I didn't think it was too bad for $40.

It's what I'm carrying today.

Ltk0vfA.jpg

I actually bought two knives in that little shop. I found a Schrade-made LB7 sized Craftsman hidden in the back of another display case. Black Delrin scales. Same kind of condition as the 110. It came with a lightly worn Craftsman sheath. Gave $25 for it. Nothing fancy but it was nice to add it to my lockback collection.

Wmedwss.jpeg

I just got back from spending a week in Wyoming. I seriously struggled with my choice for EDC being so far from home. We were planning on a number of days in Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. Not knowing what we would run into, I carried and used these almost every day. They were a good choice for the trip.

FPu0Bok.jpeg

It has been my custom for years to buy a knife on the trip to commemorate the journey - normally it's a new knife. This year we were in an antique shop in Sheridan and I came across an old 110 in a sheath in one of the display cases. It had some great color variation in one side. As far as I can tell, it's a V5V3 - which as far as I know dates it to '72-'74. It was carried some but maintained well. A few tiny dings in the bolsters and some evidence of being sharpened. I knew it would clean up. I didn't think it was too bad for $40.

Ltk0vfA.jpg

I actually bought two knives in that little shop. I found a Schrade-made LB7 sized Craftsman hidden in the back of another display case. Black Delrin scales. Same kind of condition as the 110. It came with a lightly worn Craftsman sheath. Gave $25 for it. Nothing fancy but it was nice to add it to my lockback collection.

Wmedwss.jpeg
I do the same thing on trips, looks like you found a couple nice scores. 👍

I do the same thing on trips, looks like you found a couple nice scores. 👍
I am very pleased! I also found an old Victorinox Champion in an antique shop in Casper on our way home. Dates to the late 70's. It looks like it spent its whole life in a drawer somewhere and never carried. I love it because now my wife keeps an eye out for knives as she is walking around as well.

FPu0Bok.jpeg

Ltk0vfA.jpg

Wmedwss.jpeg
That is the first LB7 with black scales I have seen. Do you know if these are after market? That is an awesome looking knife. Great score

That is the first LB7 with black scales I have seen. Do you know if these are after market? That is an awesome looking knife. Great score

I think the black delrin was a Craftsman exclusive. They also appear original. It’s the first one I’ve seen too. I researched it a little bit and found the eagle on the blade was used first in 1976 and then again in ‘77. A bunch of knife companies made knives for Craftsman over the years. I may ask some more questions on the other boards. Someone might know more about it. It was a neat find for me. I grew up working on cars using Craftsman tools almost exclusively.

I think the black delrin was a Craftsman exclusive. They also appear original. It’s the first one I’ve seen too. I researched it a little bit and found the eagle on the blade was used first in 1976 and then again in ‘77. A bunch of knife companies made knives for Craftsman over the years. I may ask some more questions on the other boards. Someone might know more about it. It was a neat find for me. I grew up working on cars using Craftsman tools almost exclusively.
Great information.
Thanks

Back