What folder(s) do you carry with your David Mary Customs?

Wild Willie

Gold Member
I know we can all agree that A David produces excellent sheath knives, I've been curious as to which folding knives others who frequent this sub carry.

IMG_20220216_084258971~2.jpg
Edchef
Small sebenza
Vic pioneer
Vic rambler
Added for effect, Zippo with butane insert ( used for dressing ropes and wiring jobs on our aging trucks), knipex pliers, and Fenix e12. Looking forward to seeing what others carry.

Edited to add a space where one was erased.

Last edited:
As I do really like knives (mostly fixed blade knives), I often end up with three on me. I have no work or living consequences related to knife regulation, so I play around with as many as I can. I've a small fixed blade on the right hip, back up fixed blade and a back up back up folder. Other than heavy pants pockets, it's fun thus far.

Maserin Favri folder, a Pocket Seax and Fiddleback Forge Esquire.
I9rHddSl.jpg

Not much for turning any screws however...

While the carry laws in New York are vague at best, I live in a pretty rural area dairy farms and salt mines are the primary places of employment. Nobody around here cares or even looks at a knife on the belt (except me because I'm nosy and like to look at knives). However some of the activities I do for work more often than not preclude wearing a knife on my belt, mostly for comfort reasons, but I'm yet to find a way to belt carry that's comfortable with a climbing saddle, and crawling around under the truck results in unwanted snags.

I think it's 4" or less for us. (And NO assisted or automatic fun at all...)
Where are you in New York?
I'm here in Sullivan County: right between 2 NYC reservoirs...)
What's the blade length on the Prevail? When mine lands: I might try working that into some sort of S.O.B. carry...

I think it's 4" or less for us. (And NO assisted or automatic fun at all...)
Where are you in New York?
I'm here in Sullivan County: right between 2 NYC reservoirs...)
What's the blade length on the Prevail? When mine lands: I might try working that into some sort of S.O.B. carry...
I'm in Wyoming county. Lots of cows and corn.

I bought that Yojimbo a couple years ago, and modded the blade profile. I then decided to grab after market scales by Aramis Akhmedov, which were originallly shaped more like the regular factory scales, and I modded their shape to what you see above. And then I moved it along to my friend Dave. :)

You need a "tactical vest": to carry all of them...
View attachment 1757541
They aren't always on my person... The electrician is usually a coat pocket knife, and I carry the swisschamp instead of the pioneer and pliers. I'm on babysitting duty today, and I've found the 'champ to be ideal for the things kids frequently need "fixed". It's also my go to for projects around the house, used it just the other day to replace the shut off valve in the washing machine.

Back