What guns could you not give up?

I was looking at some articles on the internet about what guns for survival etc. You know the ones where you need a 12 ga., a .22lr, a defensive pistol, a hunting rifle, and a defensive rifle. Which really would be a pretty good package. But, that got me to thinking what guns would I hold onto if I had to git rid of a few. So here are two of my favorites:

My Kahr pm9 - It is just really stinking handy and is what I usually carry. I am not emotionally tied to this gun. But, it is going to take a lot to unseat it.

My Dad's old 30-30 Marlin - This one took my first deer and it isn't going anywhere.

Of course the likelihood of me only having two guns is pretty low. (I hope...)

I would never part with my colt .45,because it's a colt 45!
It's just a 1991,but its a colt 45 & I can hit what I aim at.
I had a Khar K9 back in the 90s & loved it,but needed
some cash more.

Last edited:
I wouldn't want to give up my Kel-tec P3at because it goes everywhere with me. Next gun I'd cling to is this Mossberg 500 because it's so versatile. Turkey, deer, foul, home defense, it's got it all covered.
DSC_0680.jpg

I could use a nice .45 myself. And my Mossberg is a very soft shooting 12 ga. Not bad choices fellas.

My Kimber .45, because my wife bought it for me 12 years ago for our 11th anniversary, and because I shoot it better than anything I own, plus it has never malfunctioned on me. Also my S&W Model 15, because that was my grandpa`s duty gun back in the early 1960`s when he was chief of police in my town.

S&W Model 29, bought circa 1973-74ish (yeah, I know, Clint made me do it) . . :)
Colt CAR-15, bought as anniversary gift from my dad, wife's shoots too, so it was appropriate, thank god . . .
My great grandfather's "Long Tom" 12ga. shotgun, my brother has the gun, can't remember the mfg., either 36" or 42" barrel, single shot, adjustable choke built into the barrel.
The value of the memories far out way what any offer could be considered. . .
Be safe.

Worked CZ75 compact. Most reliable gun Ive ever owned and it is a perfect size for a steel carry gun while still being accurate with +p loads.
Old Mossberg 46b .22 rifle. Lazer accurate and it has that old walnut and blued steel look. Olus it has peeps!
Old Colt 45. Rattles like crazy and I dont shoot it real well but its a hand me down that ill never leave the family.

my Glock 19 is my EDC. ok, i have more than one, but the old 2nd gen model with the Austrial proofmaks is my EDC. also have a an Advantage Arms .22 conversion for it.

i've got a couple nice .22 bolt guns that i'd hate to part with. my Kimber SVT has a nice trigger, nice scope and is very accurate. need to get a few more spare mags for it, since they don't make them (mags or rifle) any more. then there's my Hämmerli 505 which i got cheap at a gunshow. the stock was in rough shape, the rear sight was missing and the front globe sight was knocked loose andmissing the insert. bluing was badly worn and the adjustable buttplate was missing.

took it home, cleaned up the stock with some light sanding and a lot of stripper, steamed it to remove some dings and refinished it with many, many coats fo tung oil. had a locak gunsmith remove the step on the front of the barrel that the globe sight had fitted to, found some airgun scope rings to fit the oddball rail on the receiver and mounted a Weaver K4, 4X steel tube scope with a target dot reticle.

it's got a trigger that's about 4oz, all you have to do is think of shooting, single shot bolt action and it's murder on squirrels and other varmints. the thing even likes Federal bulk pack ammo almost as much as Federal Gold Medal Match. oh, with the 4oz trigger there's no safety... except for keeping your finger OFF the trigger.

Hey Fixer, I like nothing more than getting older rifles and refinidhing the stocks. Most have serious flame under all that crap. I tried a Glock 19, great gun I just couldnt shoot it as well as the CZ, but it carrys better.

Hey Fixer, I like nothing more than getting older rifles and refinidhing the stocks. Most have serious flame under all that crap. I tried a Glock 19, great gun I just couldnt shoot it as well as the CZ, but it carrys better.

yeah, a lot of production rifles have been dyed, or finished with some semi-opaque stains to make the stocks all look the same on the rack. stripping it down and refinishing it with something nice can bring it to life, or at least let the natural tones of the wood show.

the Hämmerli's stock was almost black when i bought it, but it had really nice lines (for a target stock) with a somewhat short, square forend (with a rail underneath), vertical pistol grip, not like an AK or AR, but as part of a standard stock and a nice cheekpiece on the buttstock. it cleaned up well, and became quite blond when all stripped down, but took on a deeper tone when it got the oil on it. very pleased with the results.

yeah, a lot of production rifles have been dyed, or finished with some semi-opaque stains to make the stocks all look the same on the rack. stripping it down and refinishing it with something nice can bring it to life, or at least let the natural tones of the wood show.

the Hämmerli's stock was almost black when i bought it, but it had really nice lines (for a target stock) with a somewhat short, square forend (with a rail underneath), vertical pistol grip, not like an AK or AR, but as part of a standard stock and a nice cheekpiece on the buttstock. it cleaned up well, and became quite blond when all stripped down, but took on a deeper tone when it got the oil on it. very pleased with the results.

Where are the pictures? :thumbup:

I saw a guys older Mossberg or Remington .22 from the 50s that looke almost like tiger Maple. It was that flamed. Some good wet sanding and 1000 coats of hand rubbed tung oil will do wonders!

Where are the pictures? :thumbup:

uhhh, sorry, i don't have any pix of the hardware online.

yeah, bad fixer, i need to fix that, but one of the photo host sites i had been using went under so i've gotta take new pics and get them up somewhere else.

unfortunately, right now i'm trying to paint my office before family comes to visit, because everything is pulled out of the office and stuffed in the guest bedroom and living room at the moment.

gotta get the ceiling painted today and either start on the walls or do them all tomorrow. i had planned on doing the painting in OCTOBER and it just didn't get done. :rolleyes:

once the folks are gone i'll be able to take pics. sorry, but when i have company is not the best time to drag all the hardware out for pix or a range trip.

need to update my serial number list at the same time too.

so, pix early in the new year. best i can promise at this point.

sorry, but when i have company is not the best time to drag all the hardware out for pix or a range trip.

I don't know about that. If I was visiting somebody and they took me to the range I don't think that I would complain. ;)

I don't know about that. If I was visiting somebody and they took me to the range I don't think that I would complain. ;)

wellll, come to Vegas sometime when the folks ain't visiting and i'll see what i can do!

they're not anti gun, they just have no clue quite what i have on hand. :rolleyes:

Winchester pre 64 Model 70 in 30-06 w/ scope. "The rifleman's rifle".......

Of course mine needs a completely new stock.

Last edited:
Back