Camillus #50 & #51

20240225_175214.jpg

Camillus #10 & #11

20240225_175250.jpg

Spring Street Barlow and an Ulster

20240225_175333.jpg

Northfield by Utica and a I*XL

20240225_175516.jpg

They are all fantastic but when I got to the Northfield UN-X-LD Knife Co I had to just stop and drool. I've never seen one before.

As usual, GEC makes a Good Traditional Barlow!!!
Here, for the Barlow Bearcat Club!!

HUH??? The site won't post pics today???

Thank you! It is actually from recent chinese made Winchesters. I believe Foggy Hill eventually bought that trade mark too, as they currently have exactly the same model under the Marbles brand.
View attachment 2513764
Would've never guessed! I knew checkering (chequering?) was something that used to be done by hand, was very time consuming, and required a lot of experience to pull off. I guess with CNC and what not, this probably made it more affordable to mass produce.

Either way, I may have to look into picking one up! Thanks for sharing!!

Is that a modern one or vintage? Some additional info would be highly appreciated too. Such an interesting approach to a Barlow!
Hey Alex, produced in 2015, here;s the info from release day

New JBF Champlin offering

Post by galvanic1882 » Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Well it's been a long time in coming and we are happy to announce that we are having a new knife made for us that will be for sale. Here is the announcement:

The team at JBF Champlin & Sons Cutlery are very excited to announce the next release in our
ongoing series of Champlin knives. This will be a short run of 25, all hand crafted and produced
in collaboration with the talented custom knife maker, Evan Nicolaides from Sarasota Florida.
Evan has designed these “Stepped Barlows” with a single clip blade made of CPM 154 Stainless steel
and marked with the “Electric Cutlery” trade mark. And yes, the chamfered handles will be
crafted from the historic rosewood that was harvested from the old Cattaraugus factory
building in Little Valley, NY.
They will be 3.5 inches long when closed
Interested in seeing a picture of Evan's gorgeous prototype?
Please visit: http://www.jbfchamplin.com/?page_id=235 to check out the photos, and if so moved, place
your order with Michael Losicco. These beautiful hand crafted knives will be available for $350 on a
“first come, first served basis”.
Included with each knife will be reproduction of one of JBF Champlin’s historical trade cards
along with a signed certificate of authenticity.
If by chance you are unfamiliar with Evan's work, he has been a full time knife maker since April of this year and his new shop is
only 10 minutes from his home where he lives with his wife and two children. Evan is a self taught maker who has enjoyed a deep
appreciation for art his entire life. That appreciation certainly shows up in his work which you can review here, at
his online portfolio: http://esnyx.com

Thanks Frank! There's now a third generation baby Bower. :)

View attachment 2477241View attachment 2477240

Those are some really cool looking Barlows, Dwight! 😎 Great bolster stamps.

My membership expired!! :rolleyes: Here is the pic!!!View attachment 2513665

Very nice, Charlie. :thumbsup: The unique covers definitely have character.

ZOWUtyK.jpg

Here’s a trio of sawcut #77 Barlows in sheepsfoot, spear and clip.

wTgNHy4.jpg

And a pile-side Hartshead Barlow shot, showing off the character in the rosewood on mine.

cq3QgDT.jpg

Back