Off Topic What song are you listening to?

I was wondering when some metalheads would show up. I saw them live like 10 or 11 years ago (can't remember exactly).. the "wall of death" is easily the most brutal thing I've ever experienced at a show.

I was front row and center. When the song hit; we sprinted; and I thought I was good til this dude just simply stuck his arm out in front of my neck. Bro, when I tell you I did a backflip and a half I'm not even exaggerating hahaha.. had like 3 people rush to help me up before I got trampled.

Straight up got the red rover red rover treatment 🤣.. Gave me whiplash for the better part of a month. Had to turn my entire torso to look at people talking to me.

Last edited:
I was wondering when some metalheads would show up. I saw them live like 10 or 11 years ago (can't remember exactly).. the "wall of death" is easily the most brutal thing I've ever experienced at a show.

I was front row and center. When the song opened hit; we sprinted; and I thought I was good til this dude just simply stuck his arm out in front of my neck. Bro, when I tell you I did a back-lit and a half I'm not even exaggerating hahaha.. had like 3 people rush to help me up before I got trampled.

Straight up got the red rover red rover treatment 🤣.. Gabe me whiplash for the better part of a month. Had to turn my entire torso to look at people talking to me.
Metal shows are the best!

Big-Time Old School here!
Pink Floyd was a great band to see live!
As were:
AC/DC
Black Sabbath
Blue Oyster Cult
Aerosmith
Ted Nugent
The Moody Blues
Jethro Tull
Johnny Winter
Yes

Metal shows are the best!
Yes, and the crowd is a tight knit group despite people thinking we just have a violence fetish... well we kinda do, but we're friendly at least lol.
I'm sort of old school! so I like Pink Floyd, the police, Aerosmith, Steven stills.
Aerosmith is my mom's favorite band without doubt.. grew up listening to stuff like "easy the rich" and "money on my back. PF is a while vibe. . I remember a guy talked me into doing CCC's and listening to DSOTM with him.. mistake hahaha. I was scared shitless the whole time for some reason.. nothing at all like shrinking it up and doing the same. I never touched that shit again. As for Stills.. I never really heard a lot of his solo stuff. I do have a huge hard on for "Helplessly Hoping" though. That song is so good. That song would make my top 100 all time for sure. I'll have to check out his solo stuff today while I do some yard stuff.
Big-Time Old School here!
Pink Floyd was a great band to see live!
As were:
AC/DC
Black Sabbath
Blue Oyster Cult
Aerosmith
Ted Nugent
The Moody Blues
Jethro Tull
Johnny Winter
Yes
You saw Floyd live!! That must've been so awesome. The coolest show I've ever been to was TOOL right after 10,000 Days came out. AC/DC and Sabbath is kind of a given for any metalhead. I was actually singing Godzilla by BOC like 2 days ago haha.. such a fun chorus. The Nuge is the man too! You have good taste my man!

I missed the train on Yes, Jethro Tull, Johnny Winter, and The Moody Blues.. I've heard of them for sure.. but just never got around to checking them out. 😕
Might have to turn some of this on too while I chop some firewood later.

Whoo.. this is a long post lol

I'm glad people are participating in this thread. I live with headphones on.. glad to know I'm not alone 😁

Dedicated to someone who will remain nameless.
Jumping into Bad Medicine at the 2005 Madison Square Garden concert.

Last edited:
Dedicated to someone who will remain nameless.
Jumping into Bad Medicine at the 2005 Madison Square Garden concert.

I have mixed feelings about Bon Jovi. I will say you somehow put up the single only song I like from them lolol. How did you know?? 🙃

This live version is legit too

Edit: I just noticed I keep thinking this is the music thread I started.. oops. Oh well.. it's still fun talking music with anyone anywhere imo. Keep on keepin on

Last edited:
I lesion to Peter Gabriel because he was the lead singer for genesis, and has a vary iconic voice! ✌️

I grew up in the 70's, so nearly anything by ELO, Steely Dan, Steve Miller Band, Boz Skaggs.

I wasn't a fan of disco at the time, but a few cuts make my guilty pleasures list.

I'm not too proud to claim I listen to The Bee Gees. "Nights on Broadway" is legit. ;)

Back