What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

New bee day!!!
Have y'all ever seen a box of bees?... Or how about two?...

View attachment 2560481

That's two packages = two queen bees & approximately 20,000 workers (one queen & 10,000 workers per) 😉

View attachment 2560482
The queen is separated & marked with a year dot. Much like decoding our tang stamps 🤣

View attachment 2560483

Got my late grandfathers Imperial with me.
View attachment 2560484

& The Ka-Bar "Plowman" English Jack.
View attachment 2560485
view

Have a great Sunday y'all!!!
Seriously beee-utiful! Ok, I had to make a dad joke, I admit it. I do love the patina on your Imperial Barlow.

Seriously beee-utiful! Ok, I had to make a dad joke, I admit it. I do love the patina on your Imperial Barlow.
Thanks Grant!
I totally understand & appreciate the dad joke, I enjoy a good pun 🤣
You can thank my grandfather for the patina on the Barlow btw. He's the one who put it there. All I did was scrub it with hot soapy water to take the decades of grease & dirt off, then brush down the blade with oil & fine steel wool to preserve that patina. I did take some old hotrod chrome/metal polish to shine up the bolsters. I thought it turned out well 👍

Thanks Grant!
I totally understand & appreciate the dad joke, I enjoy a good pun 🤣
You can thank my grandfather for the patina on the Barlow btw. He's the one who put it there. All I did was scrub it with hot soapy water to take the decades of grease & dirt off, then brush down the blade with oil & fine steel wool to preserve that patina. I did take some old hotrod chrome/metal polish to shine up the bolsters. I thought it turned out well 👍
If you haven't looked into it, making mead is actually pretty simple. If you like the taste, it is a good way to use up excess honey.

I think it just hit me. Maybe why I like the Primble Patinization Process®️ is because it takes on the look of old silver coins and old guns.

Thank you Jeff and I agree with you about the look. I learned about the process when I attended some flintlock rifle shows. Some of those guys were so good that they could build a new flintlock and make it look like an antique. Some of them commanded prices of five to ten thousand dollars for a rifle. I just admired them. It occurred to me later that the process would work well on knives too. It still took a lot of practice, since they didn't tell me everything they knew. ;)🤣

Ruggedly handsome knives!

Thank you my friend ! :thumbsup: 😊

I do quite like this 48 so far. I really like that the typical trapper spey blade has been replaced with a pen blade. Handles are a nice color too.
View attachment 2561228

Good looking knife. Queen used to call that pattern a "Dogleg Jack".
Here's mine with Birdseye Maple covers.
LzH4RRQ.jpg

Back