What "Traditional Knife" are ya totin' today?

I went for 4 days. Not too shabby! I could get really spoiled camping like that.

My buddy built that rig…he did everything but the lift kit and the 4wd conversion. He let me take it out for a spin and I had a blast.

What a way to reset the spirit Jon.👌

These two starting out the week.

Always love those stainless trappers from GEC. I don’t know why but trappers in general were always one of those patterns that just stuck in my mind.
Gotta get mine out again tomorrow I think 😁

I have been really enjoying the JWK Midnight Jack. Might be my new favorite from JWK!
It helps that it’s super easy to pinch, since my thumb is still healing 😂

IMG_5492.jpeg

Trekkies will get this…

DAMxAjf.jpeg

Nice carries Jeff.👍🏻 Love those hostas, they look good and are easy to tend.
Thanks, amigo. Yes these hosta are our favorites. The leaves will be bigger than your head. And if you want more, just stab your spade into it and cut off a chunk of root. This one came from the mother ship about three years ago.
Hummingbirds and bumblebees love the flowers.

Always love those stainless trappers from GEC. I don’t know why but trappers in general were always one of those patterns that just stuck in my mind.
Gotta get mine out again tomorrow I think 😁

I have been really enjoying the JWK Midnight Jack. Might be my new favorite from JWK!
It helps that it’s super easy to pinch, since my thumb is still healing 😂

View attachment 2561694

Me too, not certain what it is about that pattern. Something about the design and sleek lines, when I look at these can’t help but imagine using it on a trap line, cleaning a fish, etc. Perfectly designed for those purposes, and there are some really beautiful examples here on the Porch. I guess it is the blending of a purely practical design with eye-pleasing aesthetics.

Although to be honest this example is just too pretty to use as it was intended (for me) :). I only use it for the most gentle of daily tasks.

I feel the same way about the stockman pattern, it is such a great blend of function and form. I have only one, a Winchester sowbelly, that is also only used for easy tasks. Have been thinking of starting a thread asking for advice about the pattern in general (there are a bunch asking for advice about specific models). Might be time to start that thread ;)

Gorgeous materials on that Midnight Jack :thumbsup:

Me too, not certain what it is about that pattern. Something about the design and sleek lines, when I look at these can’t help but imagine using it on a trap line, cleaning a fish, etc. Perfectly designed for those purposes, and there are some really beautiful examples here on the Porch. I guess it is the blending of a purely practical design with eye-pleasing aesthetics.

Although to be honest this example is just too pretty to use as it was intended (for me) :). I only use it for the most gentle of daily tasks.

I feel the same way about the stockman pattern, it is such a great blend of function and form. I have only one, a Winchester sowbelly, that is also only used for easy tasks. Have been thinking of starting a thread asking for advice about the pattern in general (there are a bunch asking for advice about specific models). Might be time to start that thread ;)

Gorgeous materials on that Midnight Jack :thumbsup:
I think you’ve put words to it pretty well there!
I feel like a knife that is well-designed for a task and still manages to catch your eye has something special. And when it’s also a classic that has stood the test of time and been in the hands of your father and grandfather, it gives it soul.

I have always been after one of the stainless Cuban stockmans that’s GEC made a long time ago now (or at least it feels like a long time ago), but had no luck so far. They’re rare! But that’s why we call them grail knives I supose.

The copper carbon fiber on the JWK is my favorite so far, especially with this version. Super fine blast leaves it with some shine, and the hand satin is something that’s just special.

You convinced me though, time for an evening change of carry!

IMG_5493.jpeg

Back