What watch do you wear?

IrIPRpx.jpeg

I was going to go back to my Timex weekender, but I found an old Speidel band in one of the cigar boxes that really fit the old SIGNAL watch very well so I decided to try that out and keep wearing the watch till my Seiko arrives.

I swear this watch seems to be keeping time just about perfectly, if it's losing any it's sure not enough for me to notice.
So far I don't mind this Speidel band, but I'll probably stick to NATO straps for my Seiko.

That's a good one. I have the SRPG series on my short list but I have too many watches right now and other pressing matters so watches have to wait.
So far I really like it, at least everything aside from the Bilingual day display which includes spanish.
I'll have to look into it more but I had it set to WED but it switched to MIE and I don't know if it's supposed to do that or can somehow stay in english.

So far I really like it, at least everything aside from the Bilingual day display which includes spanish.
I'll have to look into it more but I had it set to WED but it switched to MIE and I don't know if it's supposed to do that or can somehow stay in english.
You can change the day setting. The Seiko movement day wheel contains both languages. When it changes day it clicks through 2 settings over a short period of time so the middle of the day you can set it to the language that you want and it should work properly after that. If you set it close to midnight you might have it set incorrectly.

You can change the day setting. The Seiko movement day wheel contains both languages. When it changes day it clicks through 2 settings over a short period of time so the middle of the day you can set it to the language that you want and it should work properly after that. If you set it close to midnight you might have it set incorrectly.
Yeah the manual download said you don't want to set it between 9pm and 1am, it didn't seem to say anything about the bilingual day wheel though.
I read online that it's supposed to stay with the language you set but can take awhile during the midnight change over, and I think I messed up AM/PM when I set it at around 11:45am.

Hopefully it's back on English when I get up for work at 1:30am.

Hickory n steel Hickory n steel when I set an automatic after a rest period, I always advance past 12:00 since I don't know when it stopped. If the date doesn't change, I know it is now running in p.m. time; so I set the correct time and date. If, on the other hand (no watch pun intended), the date does change, I do another cycle to get past 12:00 again.
*I usually switch watches at around 17:00, when I'm getting ready for work...though, if I'm running a little late, I might not set it til I get there.

I was hoping I'd satisfied my watch urges, even though there's been that (other) ONE I've been looking at for some time. The tax bill wasn't as bad as I'd feared; so I submitted my purchase last night (in the process, making a commitment to continue working my per diem job - you're welcome Katie!). Of course, my watch box was already full; so that means it's time to think about parting with a couple that don't really get wrist time.

To stay on topic, I've been wearing this one since Saturday. The face and bevel are blue - it's just early and snowing.
View attachment 2542927

Last edited:
Yeah the manual download said you don't want to set it between 9pm and 1am, it didn't seem to say anything about the bilingual day wheel though.
I read online that it's supposed to stay with the language you set but can take awhile during the midnight change over, and I think I messed up AM/PM when I set it at around 11:45am.

Hopefully it's back on English when I get up for work at 1:30am.
yep sounds like ya had the am pm mixed up....I expect it will be fine once ya got it set to the right 12 hours.

btw, nice seiko will last ya a long time.

yep sounds like ya had the am pm mixed up....I expect it will be fine once ya got it set to the right 12 hours.

btw, nice seiko will last ya a long time.
Yeah that had to be the problem, it was still on Wednesday when I woke up this morning too.
I haven't had many analog watches with a day and date display let alone a mechanical so I'm just not used to getting the AM/PM right.

Yeah that had to be the problem, it was still on Wednesday when I woke up this morning too.

It took me a bit to discover how to set the day and date so I was just turning the crown around forever and I guess I wasn't at the start of the day like I thought I was.
not trying to be snooty, so don't take this that way.....

always read the manual first....although I'm sure ya have by now.

I could tell ya a bunch of stupid things I did to an expensive mower once cause I didn't read the manual first....i wont bore ya with my tales of me being stupid. I read it now on everything. never a waste of time. always learn a thing or two I didn't know or think of.

not trying to be snooty, so don't take this that way.....

always read the manual first....although I'm sure ya have by now.

I could tell ya a bunch of stupid things I did to an expensive mower once cause I didn't read the manual first....i wont bore ya with my tales of me being stupid. I read it now on everything. never a waste of time. always learn a thing or two I didn't know or think of.
The problem is they don't include a manual but a card that tells you to download one from their website where I couldn't find it.
I was able to Google and download it, but could not find it anywhere on the website.

The problem is they don't include a manual but a card that tells you to download one from their website where I couldn't find it.
I was able to Google and download it, but could not find it anywhere on the website.
yeah most went to digital deal. citizen does that as well nowadays.

Back