• The guys that pick the 31 have never touched a 21

Votes: 1 1.1%

• Total voters

Kettleman

I left when this stopped being fun
BANNED
Platinum Member
.Ok boys and girls, let's hear it.

I'll go first. For the longest time I really believed it was the 21 as I just love everything about it. Than I fell for the 25 and its awesome overbuilt goodness.However as I get to know the Classic I believe Ive shifted towards it. Its just got a better feel than the others. Its actually better ( in my opinion) than the 21.

PS Its all in good fun!

Last edited:
The original was my first love.
I never quite warmed up to the Regulars even though I bought/sold/bought/sold/and so on quite a few at the time.
I was soooo happy when the Classics debuted as they were such a welcome return to that familiar shape.

To me the 21 is the perfect embodiment of the design (I do have yet to own a 31 though) and with the benefit of hindsight I actually consider the 25 to be more the precursor to the Inkosi rather than an evolution of the Sebenza.

So, I dunno…

ETA: Whichever one just make sure it’s a drop point. :p

Hard to beat the look and feel 21 for me, but I do love the shared ceramic/detent interface. All of my knives without a single bump when opening closing just feels antiquated. The WE Mini Buster is my only non CRK with this type of feature.

The Regular has pride of place as it was my first and a gift from my wife in 1998 for my birthday.
But, I love 'em all...Regular, 21, 31. They are pretty much a permanent part of my knife collection.

My biggest regret was selling my double lug large Classic to lonewolfe on the exchange so many years ago. :) I stick to 21’s now as I don’t ever see Classics I can afford before they are sold. Still, Classics rule!

oops excited dbl tap!

I am smitten with my new Regular. It’s the only possible answer for me. Nostalgia beats out all logical arguments.

I will say that my particular 21 is mechanical perfection. None of your knives are as smooth or perfect, sorry friends. 😊

I am smitten with my new Regular. It’s the only possible answer for me. Nostalgia beats out all logical arguments.

I will say that my particular 21 is mechanical perfection. None of your knives are as smooth or perfect, sorry friends. 😊
The regular is also great I just am so scared to use it after my encounter with the small P and its blade (details over in the new arrivals/ unspecified threads). Realizing it can’t be replaced (on top of what I paid 😭😵) makes me not want to carry it sadly. I know I’m a broken man with strange logic, it doesent help to have so many knives as well. First world problems, is that still a thing? Haha

Anyway, I’m so happy that yours found its way to you and you are using it as intended. A lesson I need to learn lol

The regular is also great I just am so scared to use it after my encounter with the small P and its blade (details over in the new arrivals/ unspecified threads). Realizing it can’t be replaced (on top of what I paid 😭😵) makes me not want to carry it sadly. I know I’m a broken man with strange logic, it doesent help to have so many knives as well. First world problems, is that still a thing? Haha

Anyway, I’m so happy that yours found its way to you and you are using it as intended. A lesson I need to learn lol
I completely understand the “I can never replace it” thoughts. I have them too. The thoughts that swing me the other way are:

1. It will bring me more joy if I use it (vs safe queen it), even if it’s not forever because it’s lost, stolen, or damaged. Knowing I have something special is a privilege, but using something special brings joy every time and creates memories and a bond that I value more. Heck, all these knives will be irreplaceable one day. In 10 years, anyone using a 21 will seem a bit reckless (like our buddies using P’s!)

2. One of our friends here made a comment about how future generations would treasure “dad’s knife” that is carried and used as apposed to a knife dad had in his safe. I’m not saying it right, but the idea stuck with me. The watch of my dad’s that I treasure the most is an old timex he wore every day, not the fancy gold one he had in the safe. I wore his timex for years until it failed, no regrets.

All that said, there is no shame at all in keeping an irreplaceable knife safe and unused. In fact, it’s the norm for good reason. Don’t beat yourself up over it, just enjoy the privilege of owning it!

I completely understand the “I can never replace it” thoughts. I have them too. The thoughts that swing me the other way are:

1. It will bring me more joy if I use it (vs safe queen it), even if it’s not forever because it’s lost, stolen, or damaged. Knowing I have something special is a privilege, but using something special brings joy every time and creates memories and a bond that I value more. Heck, all these knives will be irreplaceable one day. In 10 years, anyone using a 21 will seem a bit reckless (like our buddies using P’s!)

2. One of our friends here made a comment about how future generations would treasure “dad’s knife” that is carried and used as apposed to a knife dad had in his safe. I’m not saying it right, but the idea stuck with me. The watch of my dad’s that I treasure the most is an old timex he wore every day, not the fancy gold one he had in the safe. I wore his timex for years until it failed, no regrets.

All that said, there is no shame at all in keeping an irreplaceable knife safe and unused. In fact, it’s the norm for good reason. Don’t beat yourself up over it, just enjoy the privilege of owning it!
You took the words right out of my head. I was thinking about the dad’s knife post as I was writing that other reply. I don’t like to have safe queens personally but I don’t have any issues with how others enjoy their things either. I’ve found the ones I’m more worried about using its best for me to just go out and break down like 10 boxes and then the knife isn’t up on a pedestal anymore. I just have not done it with the reg yet haha

Back