Who’s Your Mistress???

This one was THE FIRST.

9ujLWl9.jpeg

A long time member here sold me this for cost! Very 😎!! Yes $567 !!!
IMG_1332.jpeg
Another member here sold me this beast of a work horse for a hundred bucks!!!!
IMG_2600.jpeg
I threw it at this fake ash just for fun, the first shot bounced off the tree and I barely got out the way of being skewered. Here’s the second attempt.
IMG_2601.jpeg
Another one I scored from a raffle but unfortunately I passed it along to another lucky Hog!!
IMG_0381.jpeg

I've posted some of these before.

In 2019-2020 we had the 'black summer' bushfires in Australia.

Pic taken from my house. The fire reached me about two days later and came within a few hundred metres of my property.
f14.jpg

A couple of weeks later I bushwhacked my way back into the rainforest that got burnt. It was still smouldering.
d07.jpg

The soil was burning under the surface.
d09.jpg

And spot fires were still breaking out.
e1.jpg

I wanted to put the fire out, to stop it from reigniting the next time there was a hot windy day. The only way to do it was to cut the burning soil out and stomp on it until it was out.

Bushwacker Mistress cutting out soil, block by block.
d03.jpg

e8.jpg

e4.jpg

d04.jpg

I cut out a few areas like this, probably ten square metres of soil in total. You can see the smoke still hovering in this hole.
e9.jpg

Washed the knife off in a stream afterwards. When I got home it still cut paper.
g06.jpg

TENTEX TENTEX - is that tan one the one I hand delivered to your brother, or am I thinking of somebody else? I’m thinking that was 3rd down on the left but could be mistaken.

Anyway, nice collection.👊

Back