• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Why only PayPal Friends and Family?

Hey Andrew, to answer your question it’s best to do business via G&S as I recently got scammed from one of your posts here you posted a 229 for sale. Before you marked the page “sold” someone emailed me which I am assuming was not you requesting payment. I have been apart of this community for a few years and always trusted gold members from this community. It looks like a scammer was able to find my email on my profile (I am not sure how) and told me they were selling the knife to me, which I believed because once I refreshed your page I saw that you posted it sold so I assumed I snagged it. I am not requesting any sympathy since this is the first time this has happened in several years of buying/selling/trading. I guess I won’t be sending any funds via FF anymore unless I have done business with the seller. Anyways shit happens both ways, hopefully we as a community can figure out a better way to sell/trade/buy.

IMG_5642.jpeg

I appreciate you for looking into that.

Will “locking” thread erase the posts or what’s the best way to remove them?

If this isn’t the right place to ask disregard.

Not 100% sure, but I think you should be able to edit the posts and just delete it.

Locking doesn't remove posts. I'd suggest doing a search for your email, and deleting it everywhere you find it. If it's in a locked thread, report it and ask a mod to delete it.

I've only been here a short while and I think this is an awesome forum. I wouldn't trust paying with friends and family, even if they were friends and family.

Back