Explanation of Variants, Models, Blade Styles etc......

Steven65

Traditional Hog
Platinum Member
I have wanted to buy a few of the production knives for some time but I am somewhat confused by the bewildering nomenclature of the models, handle options and the numerous variants as time has passed.

Could you please explain a timeline of production of the non-custom Demko's with a further explanation of steel options, blade styles, handle options, etc......

I know it's a lot of work but this would be an excellent resource for new buyers who are not familiar with the brand and would like to have some deeper understanding of the history of the knives and their evolution before purchase.

I have wanted to buy a few of the production knives for some time but I am somewhat confused by the bewildering nomenclature of the models, handle options and the numerous variants as time has passed.

Could you please explain a timeline of production of the non-custom Demko's with a further explanation of steel options, blade styles, handle options, etc......

I know it's a lot of work but this would be an excellent resource for new buyers who are not familiar with the brand and would like to have some deeper understanding of the history of the knives and their evolution before purchase.
Hey Steven65,
Yes I can do that and it is a great idea. All I ask is to be patient as it will take some time.

Hi Steven, here's what I got off the top of my head:

AD15:
Steel: S35VN, 20CV (maybe 3v I think)
Blade Shape: Drop point
Handle: G10, Fat Carbon, Carbon Fiber, Micarta, Ti

AD20:
Steel:
20CV, Cruwear, 3V, 204P, M390, Magnacut, Elmax, S45VN, M4, D2
Blade Shape: Clip Point, Sharksfoot, Drop Point, Slicer Shark (with and without studs I believe), Tanto (dealer exclusive yet to be released I think)
Handle: Grivory, G10, Carbon Fiber, Ultem, Ti

Hope this helps, there might've been one or two things I forgot

Last edited:
Was there ever a large-pivot 20.5 with red scales? I have one with the regular pivot, but like the large pivot.

MWallace MWallace , I noticed that the small pivot AD20.5's have a back spacer but the large pivot AD20.5's do not. Why is this and can one be added to the big pivot models? I really like the looks of the back spacer but I love the big pivot! Does Demko offer a back spacer for sale?[/USER]

MWallace MWallace , I noticed that the small pivot AD20.5's have a back spacer but the large pivot AD20.5's do not. Why is this and can one be added to the big pivot models? I really like the looks of the back spacer but I love the big pivot! Does Demko offer a back spacer for sale?[/USER]
The back spacer is grivory to match the grivory scales. So it’s an injection molded part. For the G-10, Titanium, and Carbon fiber we use the more expensive standoffs as most people don’t want the grivory mixed with the higher end scales. I am however 50/50 on the standoffs vs back spacer so I understand the desire for one. Unfortunately we do not make any back spacers in other materials, and don’t have any spares in grivory. Someone may make aftermarket ones but I’m not sure.

The back spacer is grivory to match the grivory scales. So it’s an injection molded part. For the G-10, Titanium, and Carbon fiber we use the more expensive standoffs as most people don’t want the grivory mixed with the higher end scales. I am however 50/50 on the standoffs vs back spacer so I understand the desire for one. Unfortunately we do not make any back spacers in other materials, and don’t have any spares in grivory. Someone may make aftermarket ones but I’m not sure.

Thanks for the reply! That does make complete sense. I do see that Original Goat has a pre-sale going on for AD20.5 small & big pivot back spacers and now I see what the difference is! The big pivot spacers are designed to fit over the standoff's which sounds pretty good to me! I might try an aluminum one out to see how it looks! Thanks for the explanation!

DemkoAD20.5-BIGPIVOT-Aluminum.jpg

Back