Fishing, and hunting reports (share yours)

Great looking deer. Successfully connecting at those ranges without bragging a little is very humble, but you should let us know what round you were shooting, and maybe a bit about your setup. Congrats on excellent shooting.

This gun is TS Customs rifle with his KS1 stock. Benchmark barrel. 300 Win Mag. The ammo is custom tuned for the rifle by Unknown Munitions from Idaho. They had the rifle there and developed the load. 210 grain ABLR. Shoots 1/2 MOA. Travis is the Nathan of the gun makers in my opinion. Huge amounts of positive reviews by many in the precision long range shooting world if someone searches.

Hatch bipod. Best I have ever used for this type hunting. Banish 30 can.

I have a 900 yard range. Practice there for fun. We have life-size steel animal inter active silhouette targets. At 200 through 700 yards. Lots of fun.

Brian77 Brian77 beautiful buck. Congratulations. Running a Leupold Mark 6HD 4-24x52mm? I'll guess the caliber to be either a 7 SAUM or 6.5 PRC. Nice rig either way! Envious of the suppressor, too (prohibited here, which is ridiculous).
We shoot 300 Wm and 243 for the kids. Have several Tikka 6.5 CM now for coyote and deer. We try to use same caliber to make ammo buying simpler.

Leopold Mark 5 HD. 5 x 25. FFP. I really like the scope. Travis and I shot and chronoed my gun at his range (1100 yards) the day before the hunt started. He verified my dope and downloaded my ballistics into his Zeiss Victory RF binos. So he was able to feed me the necessary dope in real time as ranges changed.

I went to SD with a West River Special Buck tag. Hunted with Travis, owner of TS Customs. Got this old mule deer today at 8 am. 477 yards. It was the longest shot at a deer so far. Also got 2 coyotes with the new rifle. 455 and 472 yards. Wow what a great time.

View attachment 2391533

Beautiful buck Brian. That's an awesome hook point on his left!

This gun is TS Customs rifle with his KS1 stock. Benchmark barrel. 300 Win Mag. The ammo is custom tuned for the rifle by Unknown Munitions from Idaho. They had the rifle there and developed the load. 210 grain ABLR. Shoots 1/2 MOA. Travis is the Nathan of the gun makers in my opinion. Huge amounts of positive reviews by many in the precision long range shooting world if someone searches.

Hatch bipod. Best I have ever used for this type hunting. Banish 30 can.

I have a 900 yard range. Practice there for fun. We have life-size steel animal inter active silhouette targets. At 200 through 700 yards. Lots of fun.

We shoot 300 Wm and 243 for the kids. Have several Tikka 6.5 CM now for coyote and deer. We try to use same caliber to make ammo buying simpler.

Leopold Mark 5 HD. 5 x 25. FFP. I really like the scope. Travis and I shot and chronoed my gun at his range (1100 yards) the day before the hunt started. He verified my dope and downloaded my ballistics into his Zeiss Victory RF binos. So he was able to feed me the necessary dope in real time as ranges changed.
Congratulations on the great looking buck. Thanks for sharing all the details. That’s impressive.

I'm doing good. We bought a couple grinders for my saw shop from the mill auction in St Regis Montana, so I've been slammed trying to get my shop put back together and everything up and running. But we had an awesome bear season. One guy killed a 414 lb slammer which is about as big as they come in Idaho. I'll try to get some pictures in at some point. Also got a five point bull killed the other day. First animal with that 300 PRC. It's pushing 245 grain berger EOL's at 2805 fps. Shot was 438 yds across the canyon, broke the near shoulder, took the top off the heart and part of the bullet continued on to stop against the skin of the far side. Hit him hard, went maybe 15 yards. Elk numbers are pretty good, but it's getting hard to kill one with any size the way FG regulates it here. Glad you and the boys are having success!!

I'm doing good. We bought a couple grinders for my saw shop from the mill auction in St Regis Montana, so I've been slammed trying to get my shop put back together and everything up and running. But we had an awesome bear season. One guy killed a 414 lb slammer which is about as big as they come in Idaho. I'll try to get some pictures in at some point. Also got a five point bull killed the other day. First animal with that 300 PRC. It's pushing 245 grain berger EOL's at 2805 fps. Shot was 438 yds across the canyon, broke the near shoulder, took the top off the heart and part of the bullet continued on to stop against the skin of the far side. Hit him hard, went maybe 15 yards. Elk numbers are pretty good, but it's getting hard to kill one with any size the way FG regulates it here. Glad you and the boys are having success!!
245 bergers at 2805. Wow. I am jealous. Handloads?

Some guy shot a bear north of 750# a decade ago about 15 miles from my cabin. I didn't think black bears even got that big.

Some guy shot a bear north of 750# a decade ago about 15 miles from my cabin. I didn't think black bears even got that big.
I wrestled a bear in 1993 at the Sportsman Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA. Ceasar was a tame black bear . They allowed 4 volunteers every evening to wrestle him 1 at a time on the stage in the small arena before the logging exhibition show.

Ceasar weighed 915 at that time.

I lost.

245 bergers at 2805. Wow. I am jealous. Handloads?

Yep, handloads. ADG brass with 79.5 grains of Vihta Vuorri N570. CCI 250 large rifle magnum primers (would have preferred to run Federal 215 match but couldn't source them). Three shots chrono'd at 2803/2804/2806 out of a 26" barrel so it's stupid consistent. And then topped off with those 245 grain berger EOL's. The G1 BC is .807 and the G7 BC is .413 so they're really flat past 400 yards. I would really like to build a custom rifle for that round and still might. This one is light and you dang sure want to be up on it when you squeeze the trigger lol.

Holy smokes that is big. I believe I've caught a few that would hit the 500# mark, but wasn't able to get them out whole to weigh for sure. We usually get one or two that will top the 400# mark every year. Here's one from a few years back that we were able to weigh whole....

pMF85gkh.jpg

neYD0Cgh.jpg

trevitrace trevitrace come to my area (not my video, but my province)

👍 👍 Monster!

I wrestled a bear in 1993 at the Sportsman Outdoor Show in Harrisburg PA. Ceasar was a tame black bear . They allowed 4 volunteers every evening to wrestle him 1 at a time on the stage in the small arena before the logging exhibition show.

Ceasar weighed 915 at that time.

I lost.
I'm from Harrisburg! Not sure the Outdoor Show is that cool anymore lol

Wow, congrats Brian77 Brian77 on that nasty Buckaroo!!

Western Washington late season opens tomorrow. Four days. It’s kind of a joke. I’m hoping the weather cooperates. Going out for an evening hunt tomorrow then hitting it hard until Monday. Not really expecting anything. Only a handful of GMUs are open here for late season, and not the one I would prefer where all the big hybrids hide out.

Already put in for a week off for a mulie hunt in Eastern Washington next November.

Back