New Member, New Obsession. The Kershaw Blur

Actually, it's 13C26. Get it right.....jeez :rolleyes:
From Above:
You mean 14C28N and 13C26N? ;)
275ee2bd156b1e48a8b90ee70d9bde59_width_600x.png

What is... Light--urple??? no!

lol

Anyway, Blems with the XXXX blades are the collector pieces or lesser in value, whoops no value Q's? Nice! I will not pass up on these to start my collection, even though I only want B3's! (Black-Blade-Blurs) ;) Oh yeah, newb just made a new one!

Last edited:
Blems are just ones that didn't pass the factory QC for whatever reason. Usually, it is something very minor (if noticeable at all), like a minor cosmetic blemish. Functionally, the knives are just fine. They are sold typically at a great discount, but they do not carry the factory warranty.

Blems of current and mainstream production models aren't really collectible, but they are a good value if you're looking for a user. There are some rare pieces (the Volt comes to mind) where the blems are collectible due to the rarity of that knife in general.

I think blurs are addictive. I don't even have one and I am addicted to hunting them. I have been out bid on every one I thought was reasonable. Of course my blur budget is quite small compared to most.

The Blur was the first knife I bought myself since I was about 10. I read about it in one of the Mitch Rapp novels and decided I needed one of those. Still have that S30V Blur. It's a great knife.

3 more on the way, nice kick-start for 2013 and my collection. My first Blur was bought 3x, 1670BLKST in 440a, lost it 2x and the 3rd is being resharpened. Did that style ever switch to 13c and if so, when?

Wow, you weren't kidding about obsession. Congrats on turning up some really nice ones, I particularly like the PE spiderweb.

I've always liked the style and texture of the blur handle, the blade shape and quality but I'll be darned if I can get the thumb stud to work the way it should. Good luck with yours and wishing you many years of collecting and use.

Back